We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Height restrictions for tour????

Saint Louis...
1 post
Save Topic
Height restrictions for tour????

Trying to book a tour through royal Caribbean for Soufriere by land and sea but they are saying the maximum height allowed is 72 inches (6 feet) First question why? Second question, will they really check? I am 6'2...

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Soufriere
Soufriere
St. Lucia
Peaks Island, Maine
Level Contributor
1,827 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Height restrictions for tour????

When they put you in the lineup to check on you, just duck a little and nobody will notice how tall you area :)

And the good news is that when you get to the Marigot Bay part of the tour you'll likely be taller than everyone else so you'll get the best view :)

Mentioned in this post
Marigot Bay
Marigot Bay
506 Reviews
St. Lucia
Woking, United...
Level Contributor
416 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Height restrictions for tour????

No idea, but if you find out can you let us know!!?

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Height restrictions for tour????

Really? there is a height restriction? wow! Can't you try to book through a local St.Lucia company instead of Royal? There are many I believe that would not be concerned about how tall you are. Try looking them up, St.Lucia Best experience Tours, Serenity, Fanks tours, Fabian Tours etc. I personally have not dealt with any of them apart from St.Lucia Best Experience Tours and I do not know how their service is aprt from what I have seen right here on Trip Advisor. But give them a go. Best of Luck!

Mentioned in this post
St. Lucia
St. Lucia
Caribbean
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
27 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Height restrictions for tour????

Height restriction? I was properly shamed to find out that the St. Lucia ATV tour has a "weight" restriction (and I exceed it)

Mentioned in this post
St. Lucia
St. Lucia
Caribbean
St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
13,430 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Height restrictions for tour????

Depends on the tour - some would have a height or weight or age restriction based on the items on the tour - ATV or zip line or buggy tour, etc. Most all tours offered through the cruise line have a local operator also - perhaps book through one of them, or at least read some of the websites for why there may be a height restriction.

Soufriere, St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,190 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Height restrictions for tour????

Bon jou Robbie K,

Best you contact the tour operator directly before booking.

Could be a liability insurance requirement... if so the tour operator will check.

Bless up! Paul

7. Re: Height restrictions for tour????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 23, 2015