We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

villa rentals

Which Soufriere hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
central illinois
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Topic
villa rentals

planning a villa vacation and starting the hunt. has anyone used islander villas? found their web site but not much feedback from anyone. looks like a nice villa in soufriere but only one called serrana. anyone used their services?

florida
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
761 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: villa rentals

There are lots of villa rentals all over the island -- -go on this site under "Vacation Rentals" - vrbo.com -- homeaway.com -- and there are plenty of others. Always read reviews -- they tell a lot and are essential to choosing a spot that suits you.

Saint Louis...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: villa rentals

We are currently staying at Villa Eluna, just outside Soufriere, and it is quite lovely. It's a very modern, open-air villa with breathtaking views of the Petit Piton and the sea, and friendly caretakers and property management. I never heard of Islander Villas while doing our research, however I did use vrbo.com and homeaway.com to research and ultimately find this one. Good luck!

central illinois
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: villa rentals

I have looked at that villa and it looks like a villa we would enjoy. Let me know how you liked your trip when you return. We have been doing villa vacations for seventeen years now and we are finally getting St.Lucia for our twenty year anniversary. A special celebration and want it to be right. I Came across islanders villa escapes after hours and hours of searching for that perfect villa. It looks like they have plans for more villas but right now the only one on their website is serranna. Which is new property but not much info. Was hoping someone else could tell me something about them. We love a villa holliday . It is perfect for us. We are going in December 2014 so I have started my homework on the island . Any info will be appreciated.

Saint Louis...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: villa rentals

I would be happy to post more after we return. So far, we are thrilled with our rental and very comfortable here! In the meantime, you should read the review of Eluna and St. Lucia that a previous vacationer wrote on her blog. I found it through google and found it extremely thorough and helpful in making our decision.

…wordpress.com/category/honeymoon/

central illinois
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: villa rentals

Thank you very much. I enjoyed reading the blog. There is quite a bit of helpful

Info on the villa itself and around soufreire.

Vieux Fort, St...
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: villa rentals

There are lots of villas around soufrriere. I live there and know most of them, when you have your shortlist feel free to ask me questions. How many in your party, it will influence what is available. The two main locations are either side of Soufriere. You have villas on the Anse Chastanet Road like La Batterie, Bananaquit, La Bagatelle, Cashew Villa. The others are on the volcano side, Hermitage Cottage, Le Fleur Des Piton, Rabot Estate etc. Villa Eluna and Southern Comfort next door are on the Malgre Tout Road, which is on the side of the Pitons into Sugar Beach Resort. You can also do villa holiday inside small resorts. Check out Plantation House and Limemill for instance on Stonefield Estate.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: villa rentals

Maybe I could get your opinion. We are a family of 4 heading to St Lucia for the month of December. We are looking at a villa in Choiseul featured by Home link etc. It seems to be very nice and the Manager Andrea has been very helpful. Do you know of this place? Would you recommend any other spots for a family of 4?

Soufriere, St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,868 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: villa rentals

Bon jou Mike Z,

Choiseul is the farming & traditional crafts center of St. Lucia and well off the tourist map.

That's back in the hills of Dacretin.

Bless up! Paul

Edited: 11:49 am, October 11, 2013
Edmonton
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: villa rentals

How far is this area from Soufriere? Are the roads in this area good to drive? At night?

Is it close to any restaurants or markets? We want to make sure we are not stuck out too far.

Soufriere, St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,868 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: villa rentals

Dacretin is in the Choiseul countryside, Mike Z.

You & your family are guaranteed an enriching experience of real Looshan life in a small community.

There are plenty coves, beaches, ruins, farmers, fishers, artisans close by to discover.

10 min drive to Choiseul village for mini-grocery stores, farmer's market (Wed & Sat), daily fish market, local eats, rum shop

15-20 min drive to Soufriere for sites & attractions, hotels/resorts, farmer's market (Wed & Sat), daily fish market, grocery stores, local eats, rum shops, bars & restaurants, ti'boutiqs, souvenirs...

Highly recommended.

Big up! Paul