We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I just booked Stonefield for my birthday in November!

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
327 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
I just booked Stonefield for my birthday in November!

I'm so excited! I LOVE Tripadvisor and the people here that provide such valuable information. I was considering Ti Kaye and have obtained pricing from Sandals as well when reading the forum someone mentioned Stonefield. I love the idea of a villa with a private pool! The rate was great as well for 3 nights. I am so excited about my birthday weekend in St. Lucia and look forward to visiting the island for my 1st time.

We are staying for 3 nights--Fri, Sat & a Sun..departig on Monday.

Any tipe for 1st timers in that location? Must do activities? I love to snorkel and we both love spas. We don't plan to rent a car. Are there any reccomended restaurants near the property?

Thanks!

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
327 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: I just booked Stonefield for my birthday in November!

Well I THINK I've pretty much settled on Stonefield.... I'm a pretty practical person and figure that even though...the private villa is $500 less...by the time we pay for cabs nightly back (appx $40 nightly RT) and forth to dinner and buy groceries for breakfast...we will likly be around $250 easily....so the TRUE difference is only $250.....I think we are gonna stay put and check out what Stonefield has to offer....

We can walk to the beach 20 minutes... :D

Chicago Burbs, IL
Destination Expert
for Soufriere
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
Save Reply
32. Re: I just booked Stonefield for my birthday in November!

hypnotiq

You might be missing or underestimating the ~actual time consumption~ and for many folks the difficulty of traversing the island of St.Lucia... to the north or mid north, then if you intend on touring down to the southwest Soufriere area for snorkeling and sites, even by boat.

I certainly don't advise anyone spending more on accommodations then fitting their budget, yet... due to your limited and precious time... staying at Stonefield, IMO will make up any true cost difference in more ways then one!

Enjoy....

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
327 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: I just booked Stonefield for my birthday in November!

PS I did look at La Haut...and while rates look ok--it's rated a 2-3* and I know the BF wouldn't want that...

How does it compare to Stonefield....Is there any comparison??

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
327 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: I just booked Stonefield for my birthday in November!

Thanks Flowers.....it sounds like Stonefield is in a great location... Not just scenery wise but good access to things.

I appreciate everyones feedback and look forward to learning more about the area.

Chicago Burbs, IL
Destination Expert
for Soufriere
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
Save Reply
35. Re: I just booked Stonefield for my birthday in November!

From Stonefield, you will have complimentary shuttle service to Sugar Beach (Jalousie Beach) in addition to Malgretoute beach a very natural rustic beach location below Stonefield.

From Stonefield's web site:

~"Stonefield Estate Villa Resorts operates a shuttle service to arguably two of the nicest beaches on the island, Jalousie Beach and Malgretoute Bay. " ~

Be sure to ask and note the time schedule.

Sugar Beach, IMO is a not to be missed sight... the location between the two Pitons is stunning, especially beach side, nice snorkeling along with other water sports offered (rental available) at the base of Petit Piton, SB has some outside guest complimentary loungers located at the marine reserve snorkeling area, or...there are resort guest loungers available at a cost. There is a lovely bay side restaurant and bar with excellent Caribbean cocktails, $$'s. You can always op to bring your own picnic lunch and beverages if you'd prefer.

You might also check out the Sugar Beach rainforest spa...

viceroyhotelsandresorts.com/en/…spa_services

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
327 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: I just booked Stonefield for my birthday in November!

Flowers--thanks for sharing that info....I can't seem to find information about the shuttle on their website. Where is it located?

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
327 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: I just booked Stonefield for my birthday in November!

Please disregard--I found it!

Chicago Burbs, IL
Destination Expert
for Soufriere
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
Save Reply
38. Re: I just booked Stonefield for my birthday in November!

Top of page under fitness & activities, then link to Outdoor Adventures

stonefieldresort.com/activities-fitness/…

lol, you're to fast...

Edited: 5:46 pm, September 19, 2013
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
327 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: I just booked Stonefield for my birthday in November!

I was on the HUNT as soon as you posted it! :D

40. Re: I just booked Stonefield for my birthday in November!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, September 21, 2014