We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Soufriere to Castries--transportation options?

Which Soufriere hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Soufriere to Castries--transportation options?

We are staying close to Castries and have found plenty of information about riding the Minibuses from Castries to Soufriere....but I'm having trouble figuring out how to get back!

Does anyone know my minibus options?

Taxi is an option but I can't seem to find a price lower than $75 shown in online forums and that is the same price from the Heranorra to Castries. So I'm confused.

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
781 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Soufriere to Castries--transportation options?

Having driven that road I would see how much a water taxi would be.

Soufriere, St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,954 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Soufriere to Castries--transportation options?

Bon jou MeganM77,

Take a public minivan back to Castries.

Just to be sure... ask your minibus driver coming down from Castries where to pick it up & what time to be there for the return.

The Castries bus stand is along the street on the north side of the Catholic Church.

The last minivans returning to Castries start lining up around 3 - 4 PM. There may be one or two leaving later 5 - 6 PM Expect a long wait for passengers to fill all the seats.

Private land taxi fares are gov't-regulated for the most frequent routes... USD 75/one-way (+surcharge at night) for up to 3 people is a very reasonable fare for a 1.5 hr minimum drive... including stops for photo ops/sightseeing/shopping, cold drinks/snacks, running commentary on island history/culture/news and insider tips.

Private land taxis to Castries from Hewanorra International Airport (UVF) are often based in Castries, they drive on the East Coast Road (mostly flat, straight & fast) and are more likely to find visitors heading North at the end of the day.

Private land taxis to Castries from Soufriere are often based in Soufriere, they drive on the West Coast Road (mostly up&down, twistyturny & slow) and rarely find customers heading North at the end of the day because most visitors have pre-arranged their round-trip transport with a Castries-based private land taxi.

Same goes for Soufriere-based private water taxis who will return to Soufriere empty.

Bless up! Paul

NB: Be sure to leave Castries early (7 AM) so you have plenty of time to finish your excursions/activities in & around Soufriere before 3 - 4 PM

3. Re: Soufriere to Castries--transportation options?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:35 pm, June 23, 2013
St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
11,891 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Soufriere to Castries--transportation options?

AMJ - as noted. In other posts, it is against TA guidelines to advertise/solicit for your business. As such, I will be reporting your post for removal. We do look forward to more posts from your regarding island info and advice, however please do follow the TA guidelines about advetising/solicitation. All the best!

Edited: 9:09 pm, June 23, 2013
5. Re: Soufriere to Castries--transportation options?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 25, 2014