We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rooms at Sugar Beach resort (formerly jalousie plantation)

milwaukee, wi
Level Contributor
21 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
rooms at Sugar Beach resort (formerly jalousie plantation)

My husband and I are planning a trip to St Lucia, and really want to stay at this resort. We usually book oceanfront rooms when traveling to the Caribbean, but this hotel is so pricey, we are learning towards the luxury sugar mill rooms to save some money. The room description indicates these rooms have rooftop terraces, but there are no pictures I can find showing the views from the terrace. Has anyone ever stayed in one of these rooms, and if so, is there any view of the pitons and water from them?

Mentioned in this post
St. Lucia
St. Lucia
Caribbean
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
milwaukee, wi
Level Contributor
21 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rooms at Sugar Beach resort (formerly jalousie plantation)

Sorry, I should clarify, we were looking at the 'Superior luxury' sugar mill rooms, which say on the website they have a private rooftop terrace.

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
13,376 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rooms at Sugar Beach resort (formerly jalousie plantation)

The SugarMill rooms, superior or otherwise, are in a great location for views, proximity to the beach and restaurants and spa - you never need to wait on the shuttles for getting around the resort. You are nestled up nearr Petit Pitonand a few steps from the beach. Yes, you can see both ocean and Piton from the rooftop terraces. I am sure you will not be disappointed!

Enjoy, it's a wonderful resort.

surrey
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rooms at Sugar Beach resort (formerly jalousie plantation)

I haven't stayed in the SugarMill rooms but I had a look at them in when we were last there and was so impressed that we've decided to stay in one on our next visit. I did go up on the roof terrace of one but I'm afraid that I can't add anymore to reedprincess's description as I can't quite remember what the view was from the one I was on was - IIRC - there are only 2 of the superior deluxe rooms - one at either end of the row. I think the one to the beach end which I didn't see probably has more of an ocean view.

milwaukee, wi
Level Contributor
21 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rooms at Sugar Beach resort (formerly jalousie plantation)

Thanks for the responses! I think we will definitely try out one of the sugar mill rooms, at least for our first trip there :)

North Haven...
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: rooms at Sugar Beach resort (formerly jalousie plantation)

ktsweets - your mind may be made up, but I would say it's worth looking at the Luxury Cottages (the smallest of the Luxury Villas). We stayed in one last summer. We can't do a direct comparison to the Sugar Mill Rooms because we didn't see the inside of them, but we walked by the Sugar Mill Rooms all the time while there, and always were glad with the fact that we had the Luxury Cottage. The LC are brand new (opened in January 2012 after older cottages were destroyed by Hurricane Tomas in 2010), and we thought it was well worth our money to stay in them. Beautiful views because they're up on the hills (much better view than the SM rooms, I'm sure), private, fabulous patio and plunge pool and spacious interior. We wanted the SM rooms originally because of price, but are very glad we went with the LC instead.

Hope this helps!

Powell, Ohio
Level Contributor
91 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: rooms at Sugar Beach resort (formerly jalousie plantation)

ktsweets: We are looking at Sugar Beach as well. I found some videos that folks have posted on youtube and other sites. Just do a search for "video and sugar beach or jalousie plantation" and you should find a few that take tours of various rooms/villas. The "Room Tips" section under the reviews for the hotel on Trip Advisor also has some good tips.

We are booking today and will be there Feb 8.

Good luck.

7. Re: rooms at Sugar Beach resort (formerly jalousie plantation)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, January 06, 2014