We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jalousie

Guernsey
Level Contributor
22 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Jalousie

Hi,

Considering AI rather than MAP at the Jalousie/Sugar Beach.

Can anyone who has been there recently advise if it is worth the extra money.

Thanks

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,474 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jalousie

If you drink a lot then AI will be your best choice. We did breakfast only and found that we didn't spend all that much for drinks or dinner. We ate breakfast late so only had lunch once during our stay. We had drinks that we brought in our room refrigerator so we didn't need to purchase them from the resort all the time. We probably drank two to three drinks a day through the resort. Personally, I would not choose to pay the extra for AI but it may work for you if you want to eat 3 meals a day and drink a lot of alcohol.

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
13,441 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jalousie

I would second nevera - totally depends on whether you are big eaters/drinkers. Also depends on whether you will be spending the majority of the time at the resort or if you will be out an exploring a lot. If you will be at the resort for the vast majority of the time and you like cocktails by the pool/beach, 3 meals a day, wine with dinner, after dinner drinks, etc. then the AI package makes sense. Meals and drinks are comparable to an upscale restaurant bar in New York or London - they can be pricey if you are a drinker or big eater! If you go MAP, you can easily stop on the way to the resort and pick up some booze and mixers and keep in the fridge in your room and your butler is happy to provide ice when needed. Big late breakfast and earlier dinner and your set. And - if you plan to be out and exlporing, then AI wouldn't make much sense.

So - depends on your vacation style and eating/drinking habits. For some, AI is a great bargain, for others MAP is the way to go.

I think you can always add the AI package once you arrive, if you find yourself eating and drinking more than you thought - you may want to check that out with the hotel direct.

Enjoy your visit!

Mentioned in this post
Guernsey
Level Contributor
22 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jalousie

Thanks nevera and reedprincess for the advice.

I suspect that I will be imbibing more than Mrs Beanjar but still I think MAP is probably the better option with a fridge full of duty free.

Really looking forward to our first stay at Jalousie/Sugar Beach but I hope the construction works will not be a problem.

4. Re: Jalousie

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, December 14, 2013