We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Petit Piton or Gros Piton at Ladera

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Petit Piton or Gros Piton at Ladera

My fiance and I are planning on spending 5 nights in Sandals Grande and then our remaining 3 nights of our honeymoon at Ladera. My question is which room? Right now there is availability for all of the room types but we can only afford the Petit Piton or possibly the Gros Piton room. Is the upgrade worth it? What is the difference? I cannot find any pictures of these 2 room types other than the teeny tiny picture on Ladera's site which doesn't provide much of an answer. The Petit Piton room is $660 and the Gros Piton is $805. Also.... what are our chances of getting upgraded when we get there? We are going the first week of February, I am not sure if this is a busy time or not. Thanks in advance for any advice on this!

Mentioned in this post
Gros Piton
Gros Piton
1 Review
St. Lucia
Buffalo, New York
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,031 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Petit Piton or Gros Piton at Ladera

There are some great videos on U Tube showing the rooms at Ladera. This will give you an idea.

However, I am still trying to figure out the difference between a suite and a villa.

We will be there in January and so cannot wait!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Petit Piton or Gros Piton at Ladera

oh that is great! I never would have thought to look on youtube. Thanks for your help!

Cambridge, MA
Level Contributor
119 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Petit Piton or Gros Piton at Ladera

February would be considered the "busy" time I believe.

We are heading there in 9 days, I'll let you know if I can see the different room types.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Petit Piton or Gros Piton at Ladera

Stephen, please do let me know after your trip what the difference is for the room types. I booked the Petit Piton room through Orbitz at a rate of $665. There is no cancellation fee so if I find a better deal or decide to upgrade the room I can still do that. Have a great trip!!

5. Re: Petit Piton or Gros Piton at Ladera

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 am, August 21, 2013