We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What should be on our packing list?

Which Soufriere hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
37 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
What should be on our packing list?

We will be arriving at Jalousie Plantation in a few weeks. Other than sunscreen and bug spray what else NEEDS to be on our packing list? Do we need an electric converter for hair dryers, camera charger, etc? (We are coming from the US.)

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
11,551 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What should be on our packing list?

Jalousie has both 110 and 220v plugs - you should be fine there. Also, hairdryers are provided. Camera Charger, cell phone charger, iPod. iPad, laptop, whatever is totally up to you - you will need to bring your own.

Also, if you like your own shampoo/conditioner, lotion, body wash, etc, definitely bring your own. there is a decent selection available iin the supermarkets/drugstores - but they are a ways away from Jalousie - you could have your driver stop on the way from the airport to the resort if you don't want to pack it. (Unless it's a Sunday - stores will be closed from 1pm) The same goes for bug spray - a bottle of Off! is $23EC or about $8.50US here. Yes, a little pricey, but not compared to overweight charges for your luggage! Also for sunscreen - it is available in supermarkets, etc for fairly reasonable - around $30EC/$11US for a bottle of Banana Boat or the like.

An extra memory card is usally a great idea, unless you will be downloading photos every day. An extra bathing suit is a good idea. Lots of ladies like a sarong or wrap type garment for by the beach. Possibly a pashmina - the AC can be cool, especially after a day in the sun.

Enjoy your visit!

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
37 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What should be on our packing list?

Thank you so much!

Berkshire
Destination Expert
for Vieux Fort, Gros Islet
Level Contributor
2,087 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What should be on our packing list?

Hi,

We always put in a pack of teabags in case we don't like the hotel offering.

STEVE

Edited: 3:15 am, April 19, 2012
Toronto
Level Contributor
5,119 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What should be on our packing list?

My wife usually brings a hair clip to hold the black-out drapes closed. I suggest you also bring wide brim hats - St Lucia is only 13 degress above the equator so the sun is very intense.

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,621 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What should be on our packing list?

my after-trip notes to self are always the same :-(

next time - i will take half as many clothes and twice as much money.

pam

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
527 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What should be on our packing list?

Waterproof camera so you can take photos when snorkeling!!! That's our one regret, even to this day!

Buffalo, New York
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
937 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What should be on our packing list?

My own insulated cup. If at an AI they usually will make the drinks in the cup - they stay colder longer and usually larger so not going back and forth to the bar as much.

Of just to keep it filled with ice.

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,955 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What should be on our packing list?

power bar or extension cord, I always find the outlets in the room are difficult to get at and not enough to charge my camera and our 2 ipods.

we are "beach people" and this year I took 2 beach towels to cover our chairs with, made it much easier for hubby to find our spot again after swimming and coming out without his glasses on. I take a small inflatable pillow, takes no room in the suitcase, but makes it so much more comfortable for reading and people watching. (but we flew club class with air transat so weight was not a problem. Wouldn't take them otherwise)

I also have a hanging toiletry bag, put it on the back of the bathroom door, it keeps the counter neater. Before I had this I had a shoe holder, one of those plastic clear ones from the dollar store, and used it for the same.

Travel sewing kit, first aid kit, with Tylenol, Advil, Immodium, Benadryl, tube of polysporin, and hydrocortisone cream ( for the bug bites) bandaids in assorted sizes, small bottle of disenfectant. and small bottle of vinegar. ( good for bites as well)

Also take photocopies of your main passport page, and carry them when off the resort. Keep the originals locked in the safe.

Newark, Delaware
Level Contributor
564 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What should be on our packing list?

This might be obvious, but I never see it on these lists: a good pair of sunglasses and a spare. I get headaches without them in bright sun so I don't leave the house without them. They are easy to break or lose and can be overpriced or just not good quality if you need them in a pinch.

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
937 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What should be on our packing list?

I really liked their toiletries, especially the bath salts. Dress was quite casual and restaurants are open air/ sided, only AC cold place was the city style bar. They provide beach/ pool towels. Wifi was pretty good so take tablet or NetBook to stay in touch if you want.