We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st time visitor in early March

Which Soufriere hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Topic
1st time visitor in early March

Hi All - We just booked our trip to St Lucia and will be staying in Soufriere area!!! Very excited as it will be our first trip to St. Lucia and it looks absolutely wonderful. I'll be a frequest visitor over the next few weeks and will spend more time researching but I did have a few quick questions to start....

(1) Any must see's or do's? (Rather subjective I know but like to hear ideas)

(2) We'll be there 5 nights, should we make a point of seeing other parts of the island or enough to do in Soufriere area?

(3) Rent a car?

(4) Good place to connect with locals?

That's it for now....see you soon!

Toronto
Level Contributor
5,119 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st time visitor in early March

1. must-do's - Sulphur Springs Park & mudbaths, Tet Paul Trail, snorkeling at any of Anse des Pitons (Jalousie Beach), Malgretoute Beach, Soufriere Beach, Anse de Chastanet, Dasheene Restaurant for a cocktail, see the Pitons from the water

2. Soufriere has a lot to offer - waterfalls, mineral baths, gardens, heritage tours, hiking, ziplining, jungle-biking, SCUBA diving, sunset cruises, and sea-kayaking

3. A rental car could be helpful and more economical for getting around but it's not a must

4. connect with the locals in the town of Soufriere - lots of restaurants and other assorted small town businesses and you'll meet locals on the beach as they are all public

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st time visitor in early March

Regarding the hiking, are their different levels (easy, medium, difficult)...i thought I read one could hike to the top of one of the Pitons and if so is it difficult and/or technical?

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
11,548 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st time visitor in early March

hiking to the top of Gros Piton is very do-able and it is a fairly strenuous hike. Usually about a 3-5 hour hike, depending on your fitness level - and whether you can slow the guide down a bit! Definitely something to do early in the day before it heats up and take lots of water.

Tet Paul trail - very easy hike, about 1 hour round trip depending on how long you stay to gaze at the viewpoints, etc. Hikable in sandals or tennis shoes, don't need hiking boots.

There are other hikes around the island that vary in difficulty and length. Depends on the area you are looking in.

gdbear gave a good overview of what is available in the area.

Enjoy your visit!

4. Re: 1st time visitor in early March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:22 am, March 08, 2013