We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bike St lucia

Milton, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
bike St lucia

Has anyone tried the Bike St Lucia tours near the ANSE CHASTANET RESORT? What how are they? What is the best way to get there from the Ti Kaye Village resort?

As well, what is the best way to get to the Diamond Botanical Gardens?

thanks

Saint Augustine...
Level Contributor
154 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bike St lucia

The Jungle Biking at Anse Chastanet is really nice. You can ride a variety of trails with different skill levels. You ride to an old plantation as well. Its worth going there. You need to set it up with Anse Chastanet, then hire a taxi from Ti Kaye. Hire a taxi that will include a stop at the Botanical gardens on the same day. You'll save $$ instead of booking a tour through Ti Kaye.

South Lake Tahoe...
Level Contributor
214 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bike St lucia

We have just returned from stayng at anse and took advantage of using bike st lucia. It was enjoyable but dont expect lots of bike trails that will keep you busy all day. Your first hour is spent checking in and sorting bikes out (this will depend on how many people are on the same ride as you will be put with other groups) The second hour is spent riding around with the guide, this is not an option, they will not let you ride out on your own if you havent been there before. After that you are left for the final hour to do whatever you want. The tour is very informative and provides you with a history lesson on the area as well as on the plant and trees in the plantation. Make sure you do the gardens first as you will be hot and sweaty after the biking! Plus there is a beach and beach beds available at the bike site along with drinks and snacks so you can make a day of it or if there are people in your party who dont want to bike they can sunbathe on the beach. As the previous person advised, you need to get here by water taxi that will take approx 15 mins from t kaye. Have fun, Kathy

Milton, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bike St lucia

thank you both for your replies.

Kathy you indicate that your tour was only 3 hours long, of which only 1 was independant riding. You also dont make the trails sond as interesting or varied as they do.

The compny says they have a full day tour for $89 which includes bike & helmet, complimentary water bottle, all transportation, snorkeling in the marine park, beach amenities, nature/historical trails and lunch. I would have to get myself to Marigot Bay and they pick us up from there. You think that is worth it, or is there an inexpensive way i can get there on my own?

Thanks again

South Lake Tahoe...
Level Contributor
214 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bike St lucia

Hi pablo

re getting there marigot bay is in the other direction from t kaye to anse, so i believe you would be better getting a water taxi, you should be able to get a return trip for around $200 eu dollars or cheaper, obviously if there are a few of you this would work out cheaper per person. My husband is a keen mountain biker and managed to ride around the trails in under 1 hour (but not doing the black trail). The snorkelling from this beach is not as good as from anse beach, which is the next bay, although they have there own boat that can take you there and back at no charge and there is also a lovely restaurant on the beach there. If i was you i'd do the trip on your own and then you have the option at eating at the hotel on the beach rather than in the plantation and you can eat when you want rather than with a big group at fixed times, plus you could also do the gardens on the same day. I think the biking trip booked via anse is around $35 us dollars per person, that included the guided tour and then riding on your own plus the free water bottle, if you want to keep the bike for longer than 3 hours you shouldnt have a problem as they were willing to let us do this at no extra charge,although i would be suprised if you needed longer. if i can be of any further help let me know. kathy

Wheeling WV
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: bike St lucia

I'm just curious...Doesn't anyone rent a car to explore the Island? We are going in a few days and I'm trying to get some ideas about this. I know they have car and jeep rentals. We went to Aruba and after one ride with the MAD BUS DRIVER, we rented a car for a day. We then rented a jeep so we could go on some off road trails. The jeep had no shocks! We were miserable. The next day we went back to rent a Toyota Corolla and took that on the dirt roads with no problem.

Any Advice? Thanks!

South Lake Tahoe...
Level Contributor
214 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bike St lucia

Hi

On our first visit to st lucia we did hire a jeep for the day. the roads arent very good by anybodys standard and it can take an hour to do a short journey, it is fun, but 1 day car hire would be enough to do most of the island and take organised trips or hire a taxi for the day to do the rest. Have fun its a beautiful island to visit.

Wheeling WV
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: bike St lucia

Thanks! One more question? Do we rent a car or jeep?

Can't wait for Saturday!

South Lake Tahoe...
Level Contributor
214 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: bike St lucia

the sturdier the better, especially if you want to go off the beaten track, the main roads are still very bumpy so any other roads will be teeth chattering! Would deff opt for an open top though as you will see the views much better, the most picturesque part being the pitons area. Have a great time, wish it was me going back :)

9. Re: bike St lucia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, July 30, 2006
10. Re: bike St lucia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, August 12, 2009