We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

currency exchange

Michigan
Level Contributor
31 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
currency exchange

Visiting st lucia in January. Is it best to exchange my money before I arrive or wait until I get to the island?

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,453 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: currency exchange

Wait until you get to the island. It is a fixed rate (so never changes) exchange of $2.70 EC to $1 US. You probably won't get that rate but it will most likely be very close. You can exchange at the airport, at a bank or at some of the resorts.

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
12,630 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: currency exchange

you will get $1Us - #2.67 at the banks and $1-$2.50 on the street (local vendors, etc. )

Easiest to change it when you arrive as needed or to change a smaller amount and use the ATM as needed so you are not carrying a large amount of cash around.

There is a bank at the airport so you can change right upon arrival - exchange rates are the same at every bank, all over the island.

Enjoy your visit!

3. Re: currency exchange

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, December 02, 2012