We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Soufriere with a baby

Wigan
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Soufriere with a baby

Hi,

We're staying at the Jalousie Plantation for 8-days in early March with a 5-month old baby and I just wanted to check if it will be easy to buy nappies and formula milk when we arrive.

Thanks for your help.

surrey
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Soufriere with a baby

Is the baby born yet? If so are you breast feeding - you could still be breastfeeding at 5 months (maybe only last feed at night and first in the morning by then) which would make it easier. Also at 5 months your baby will be taking solids so I suggest you bring a supply of those also or ask StLuciaDebs to check what is available there as she has kindly offered to do that for the milk.

BTW you'll love the JP or maybe you've been before.

Wigan
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Soufriere with a baby

The baby is 8-weeks old and doing fine and a very unfussy eater! My wife has been expressing but we are gradually moving over to formula and the baby has had three different brands so far and has been happy with all of them. Hence, we're not too worried as the brands available should be close to what she has already had. She will be weaning onto solids at 5-months but again I'm sure the babies in St.Lucia aren't that different to ours and the brands available should be ok.

We haven't been to JP before and are very excited!

Vieux Fort, St...
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Soufriere with a baby

At five months you will be able to give her mashed up bananas, cereal type foods, which are readily available and try her on some local foods, depends how her taste buds are developing...most likely it will be thickening up her feeds, maybe some yogurts, fresh fruit and bread rolls to try her teeth on....

Our kids are already 'eating from the pot' by 5 months..I know they are not so keen to feed the babies ready meal overseas, but we have lots of local vegetables to give, including carrots, pumpkin etc. which are nice for babies...

Edited: 7:17 pm, November 23, 2011
Wigan
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Soufriere with a baby

Brilliant thanks Debs - I appreciate your advice and we're really looking forward to visiting.

Vieux Fort, St...
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Soufriere with a baby

No problems, raised three children in St Lucia...

16. Re: Soufriere with a baby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:25 am, November 25, 2012