We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Message for Riverguide

Which Soufriere hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
bay area
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Message for Riverguide

Hi Riverguide....I read your post on another thread and wanted to ask you specifically for help.

I am booking my honeymoon at the stonefield for november...can you do me a HUGE favor and please look at the 4 new one bedrooms with the plunge pools? can you compare the views of the Luxury villa to the Deluxe villas? We would like one of the new villas with private pool, but don't want to sacrifice a nice view.

these are the LUXURY VILLAS:

Frangipani - Manchineel - Causarina - Rain Tree

these are the DELUXE VILLAS:

Oleander, Jasmine, Jacaranda and Flambouyant

I would greatly appreciate this!!! my direct email is trmbe2000@yahoo.com I would like to know how your stay with them was in general.

Thanks SO much!

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Message for Riverguide

I'll check them all out for you and let you know next week!

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Message for Riverguide

OK. I am still just getting settled from our trip, but I didn't forget about you. There are no words for how breathtakingly amazing Stonefield was. Litterally, our jaws dropped open and stayed that way the whole trip. We had the Lime Mill 3 bedroom with it's own pool. This was spectacular! The thing about Stonefield is that it is so lush and all of the villas are so private, it is very hard to "check out" the other ones. But, from what I saw and what was on the little map that came with the place, I wouldn't stay in Rain Tree as it is close to the office and restaurant and could be noisier (there was no noise when we were there other than nature, but it was only half full). Honestly, I can't see you going wrong at Stonefield even if you chose to sleep in the pool! Every villa has spectacular views. I would definitely go with one with a pool. It's just nice to have. The restaurant was fabulous. My husband has been to all but 3 caribbean islands (and this includes tiny unmapped ones) and hands down St. Lucia is his favorite. The Mango tree had a lot to do with that because typically we lose weight in the carribean because of the not so great food. This restuarant was great even by DC standards. The beach at the Hilton was perfect. Not huge, but not crowded AT ALL. Beautiful shade trees, soft sand, torquoise water, and a natural reef right there where we spotted 27 species of fish & crabs! We were also stunned at how "inexpensive" things were. We expected to spend at least $150/dinner for the two of us with drinks and our daughter, but it was more like $80-$100. Lunches were $30 and breakfast $30 as well. We stopped at Juliann's grocery on the way from the airport and they surprisingly carried a lot of US brands and absolutely everything we needed. For $120 we got enough snacks/water/lunches/alcohol to last us the whole 5 days (and we left a lot of it in the fridge when we left).

All in all, this place is now a part of me. My most poignant memory was laying on a chair by our pool gazing up at a billion stars and listening to the wildlife settling in for the night. We saw 2 shooting stars streak past the moutain. Breathtaking and perfect.

bay area
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Message for Riverguide

I've been eagerly checking since this weekend....thanks SO much for replying I really appreciate it!! I was sold before, but after your comments I am totally sold. I think we will definitely reserve one of the villas with the pool. We were planning to do the package that includes breakfast and dinner.

Let me ask you one other question...how did you fly? I will be leaving from Philly or Newark. I've looked into flights, pretty high around 740...was that about what you paid? And lastly, did you rent a car?

Ok thanks sooooooo much!!!

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Message for Riverguide

We flew on American and switched in Miami. It was a long trip. I think we did pay close to $700 at ticket. I wouldn't buy quite yet, I've noticed that the prices drop as you get closer to your travel time.

The breakfast/dinner package would be perfect! If you are down at the beach you can grab lunch at the Hilton. We ate there and it was great. Or you can just pack some snacks.

Have a great trip!!

bay area
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Message for Riverguide

thanks so much, you're great!!!