We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ladera rooms

whittier, ca
2 posts
Save Topic
ladera rooms

Am interested in Ladera for our honeymoon in october. The hill top suite sounds very nice would like to see pics if anyone has stayed there. and if that room is not available what would be the next best rooms in terms of privacy, view and sun. thanks

nyc
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: ladera rooms

My husband and I have been all over the Caribbean and chose Ladera for our honeymoon. It was absolutely fantastic!!! We were there for 11 nights and we loved every minute of it. The restaurant, Dasheen, was incredible, the staff was out of this world and catered to our every whim. We had a deluxe suite with plunge pool/waterfall. We felt that the privacy was totally sufficiant, even for honeymooners. We enjoyed the pristine beach at the bottom of the hill daily, went scuba diving and saw amazing sealife and indulged in spa treatments at Jaloise (the nearby hotel) although Ladera has built their own spa since our honeymoon. Don't miss dinner at Bang complete with fire-eating acrobats (I ate the fire myself!! Really!!!) or the hot mineral springs baths at the Botanical Gardens, also nearby. We loved it so much we're planning to go back (and we never go to the same place twice). We'd be going back for a second honeymoon in June but we've just had our second baby and they don't allow children. As a result we're postponing our return trip until Nov. or Dec. instead so we can leave the kids behind. I think we're even going to renew our vows with a special package that they have. We saw a couple getting married there during our stay and it just looked lovely. P.S. ALL the rooms are great so don't worry too much about that.

Good luck to you and I hope you enjoy it there. We STILL rave about it ... Don't bother going north to Castries ... it's a touristy duty-free mecca and crowded with folks off the cruise ships. Stay in the quiet, quaint and pristine southern portion.

Austin
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: ladera rooms

Hi, we went to St Lucia for our honeymoon 6 years ago and did not stay at Ladera. We did have dinner at Ladera and have been wanting to stay there ever since. We just made reservations but they only had villa's available. I was hoping for a deluxe 1 bdr. Can anyone tell me how the villas are. Is it worth the money? I am trying to figure out if the plunge pool is inside or outside. If anyone has pictures of the one bedroom villas I would love to see them. evemerrill@sbcglobal.net

Thanks, Eve

Peapack-Gladstone...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ladera rooms

We just returned from Ladera, and I posted a comprehensive review on the Trip Advisor site. Here's an excerpt about our suite. We had an awesome time.

We had booked an all-inclusive plan for a deluxe one bedroom suite. Several weeks prior to our trip, I had requested Suite S or T, so I was kind of disappointed to be shown to Suite R. However, Suite R was beautiful in itself, if slightly lacking in the bathroom area. As soon as you walked into door, there were 3 stairs, which lead up to the missing fourth wall/plunge pool/living room area. The view, of course, was spectacular, and we arrived just at sunset. On the main level was the desk area and bed. The bed was against a row of windows, so when the breeze came though, it was wonderful....a great cross breeze. The room was very spacious. We did have a bit of trouble with hearing road noise, but I think that would be the case no matter what suite you are in, as the resort is right above the road. I lived 10 years in NYC, so believe me, I’m used to road noise. I think the difference here is you are in this lovely tropical sounding place, and then all of a sudden it’s a bit shattered by a truck rumbling by. We got used to it, though. Incidentally, we both love the sound of the tree frogs and birds, so that was never a problem. You are provided with earplugs and an eye mask, but I had brought my own, being a light sleeper. It was so lovely with the breeze and the frog sounds, though, that we both slept like the dead every night.

whittier, ca
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: ladera rooms

thanks for the info, called ladera and the hilltop suite is booked for our date. looking into another 1 bedroom suite, if anyone has pics of the rooms would love to see them. sot3909@lausd.k12.ca.us

thanks

Portland, Maine
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: ladera rooms

Am planning my wedding at Ladera and would love to see any pictures if anyone would like to share. office@skneuro.com

We also just returned from St. Lucia Sunday.We stayed at Sandals Halcyon and were unable to make it to the south side of the island.

Rochester
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: ladera rooms

I would also love to get some pictures of the rooms. I'm considering going there for my honeymoon in August.

diffiklutzessa@yahoo.com