We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone gotten married at Anse Chastanet

Alexandria, KY
Level Contributor
53 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone gotten married at Anse Chastanet

Has anyone been married at Anse Chastanet? If so, did u get the video package and/or photo packages? Which photo package did u get and can u tell me anything about it? I am just trying to justify the cost of the video package. I will definitely get photos but am unsure of which package. please help. will be leaving soon.

Vancouver, Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone gotten married at Anse Chastanet

Hi Funinsun!

I did get married at Jade Mountain last month. (Anse Chastanet's sister resort.) I went with an outside photographer (Mikael Lamber) from the island. If you wanna make your mind on the videography package offered by the resort, please visit You Tube and type " anse chastanet wedding" or "jade mountain wedding" and you will see some samples of previous couples. It may help with your decision.

You will adore Anse Chastanet! Congrats!

LilyRose

Alexandria, KY
Level Contributor
53 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone gotten married at Anse Chastanet

Thx so much for the response. May I ask why you decided to go with the outside photographer? What did you think about him? Did you happen to do the videography? Honestly I have watched some videos and was really not all that impressed for the cost. Thx.

3. Re: Has anyone gotten married at Anse Chastanet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:35 am, February 02, 2012
4. Re: Has anyone gotten married at Anse Chastanet

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

5. Re: Has anyone gotten married at Anse Chastanet

Alexandria, KY
Level Contributor
53 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone gotten married at Anse Chastanet

Wow everyone thank you so much for the responses. I appreciate them. I am actually getting very excited. I guess I felt that the video was crazy expensive ($675) knowing how much my friend spent on her wedding video in Jamaica. She didn't spend close to this much so I was thinking "that much money for 20 minutes of video" ouch! but after hearing your responses I must reconsider. I had always planned on getting a picture package as we are also going to be the only ones at the wedding so I must bring memories back or we will be in much trouble with our parents. thanks again for the responses and I plan on checking youtube out very soon.

Stuttgart, Germany
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone gotten married at Anse Chastanet

Can I ask... how was your experience with Mikael Lambert? Renewing vows this May at a private villa near Anse Chastanet and looking for a photographer.

surrey
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone gotten married at Anse Chastanet

I wouldn't give any credence to posts 3,4 and 5 above - they are all by one time posters (apart from 3 which has 1 review back in I think 2008!) and they miraculously all found this question on Tripadvisor, made a long post on how wonderful their photos were back in August last year and have not posted since - very, very strange indeed. I'm not sure why this wasn't picked up at the time but then maybe we thought they'd carry on posting. Always be wary of a one time poster raving about a particular place, service etc.

Haynes - I think you would just be better asking for advice on a general photographer on the island or searching for reviews from posters with more than 1 post.

Stuttgart, Germany
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Has anyone gotten married at Anse Chastanet

THANK YOU!! Thanks for the heads up.

10. Re: Has anyone gotten married at Anse Chastanet

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, February 03, 2013