We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smuggler's Cove vs. Rendezvous

Which Soufriere hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
1,644 posts
245 reviews
Save Topic
Smuggler's Cove vs. Rendezvous

I know I am not comparing apples to apples here! We will be on our honeymoon and of course, Rendezvous seems like the better option based on that info alone. However, my fiance is concerned that we will be bored because it is all romance. We will be starting our HM with a few romantic nights at Stonefield villas in Soufriere and once we move to an AI, we are looking for some fun. What is your opinion on this matter? Is Rendezvous still a better option or will we find more fun at Smugglers? I must say I'm intgrigued by the included banana boat rides and other activities at Smugglers (I'm such a kid inside!). I know Smugglers allows children and while that concerns me, it just looks like a really active place. Opinions? Thanks!

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,419 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Smuggler's Cove vs. Rendezvous

Cancel Smugglers Cove and book Rendezvous or, alternatively, Sandals La Toc or Grande if you're looking for fun. Smugglers is not my idea of a place to stay for a honeymoon and it will be a huge letdown after Stonefield.

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
500 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Smuggler's Cove vs. Rendezvous

Ive already mentioned to you in a previous post to take Rendezvous. While they dont have the banana boats they do have skiing, wakeboarding and tubing for two. The tubing was a blast. The bay is totally unoccupied so you can do it with no fear of other boaters. Now the best part most of the guests are all grown up and with their lover and not paying much attention to the water sports. So for the kids like you and me it was unlimited and uninterrupted use. You could go all day and hardly anyone is waiting ahead of you. We have always found at family resorts Iam always fighting for attention with the watersports crew with all the other kids. Worse when I want a drink they are there or acting up in restaurants or staying at the pool bar even though its supposed to be for adults, its rarely enforced.

So while I love kids, my week away is special and time is a premium. Go adults only and you will be one of just a few kids, its like day camp for grown-ups.

PV

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
1,644 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Smuggler's Cove vs. Rendezvous

Thank you! I think we'll end up switching.

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
500 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Smuggler's Cove vs. Rendezvous

I know you wont regret it SEGMN. Rendezvous is really special and very reasonably priced, for us from Toronto on AC vacations only $250pp more than Smugglers. We did upgrade to Verandah which also added $100pp for the week. The gardenview was really nice , we started there, I just wanted the better verandah and remodeled bathroom. If you tell them its your honeymoon (you may need copy of marriage cert) I think you get some specials possibly a free massage, flowers and champagne in the room..inquire about it .

Also try to close down the Piano Bar one night. Ask the bartender (Paul) one night to clear out the house with a drinking game called Fuzzy Duck.

Last couple standing takes the claim that they closed the bar...

A little tip show up after the lobby bar closes so the people in the bar have had a head start...

I am pretty confident you will like Rendezvous. Its the first resort ever that my wife with no encouragement from me said she would like to go back to.. For me that's my greatest endorsement.

have fun and congrats on the honeymoon...

PV

5. Re: Smuggler's Cove vs. Rendezvous

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, October 10, 2012