We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Soufriere schools & 110 volt appliances

St. Francisville...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Soufriere schools & 110 volt appliances

My wife and I will be visiting St.Lucia for the second time the end of this month. I was reading some post about local schools needing supplies.I would be willing to bring pencils&pens and what ever paper I could pack. Surely there are schooos in the Souifries area that could benefit from this as well. One other thing we will be staying at Stonefield, will we need a converter to use hairdrier etc? Ours are 110 volt appliances. thanks in advance.G.P.

Castries, St.Lucia
Level Contributor
508 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Soufriere schools & 110 volt appliances

I will check on a suitable school in the Soufriere area for you. Stonefields may well have a transformer you can borrow for the hair drier. Dont try to use one of those small "converters" as I dont think they will handle the load of a hairdrier. Check on the wattage or amperage on the drier for guidance and tell the hotel what this rating is. Otherwise they may well burn out their transformer if its too small.

St. Francisville...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Soufriere schools & 110 volt appliances

Thank you JohnK, I was hoping you would reply to my post. I will start collecting the material this week. I will be lookin for your reply. best regards

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
1,633 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Soufriere schools & 110 volt appliances

To JohnK

I know this is a dumb request, but if you happen to know a gentleman by the name of John works as a gardener at some places the top of Cas en Bas road tell him Tom, Jean, Bob, Jerry and Ken say hi. We stayed at Sunset Villa about 3 years ago and John was the nicest person we met. Of course every one was nice. Hoping to return in the future, but are sampling the other islands now.