We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions about the Treehouse rental please

Which Soufriere hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cape Cod, MA
Level Contributor
294 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Questions about the Treehouse rental please

Hi all,

We have booked the Treehouse for next February and are very excited! I do have some questions though and I can't find any current info about this rental except from the actual website.

We are a couple in our fifties, physically fit, and walking is a hobby of ours. How safe is the area around the rental, especially for two walkers? I know there isn't any security at this place, so should I be concerned? We are staying in the new villa which I think is close to the road. I keep reading St. Lucia can be edgy and there has been an increase in crime.

Also, I have been reading people are being harassed to buy local wares at places like the waterfalls and the Pitons. Is this true?

Thanks in advance for all objective information!!

Charlton...
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Questions about the Treehouse rental please

We used the service that Sam sent to meet us at the airport. They are reputable drivers. There is a fee, but we just chose not to use the lounge chairs at Anse Chastanet. We spent a lot of time in the water. The snorkeling and diving are great. One nice thing to do, is take a boat ride up the coast to Marigot Bay. Beautiful. Let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Cape Cod, MA
Level Contributor
294 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Questions about the Treehouse rental please

Thanks again jte35! All valuable information. As time get closer, I'll probably have more questions! :)

Interlochenkids
Level Contributor
20 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Questions about the Treehouse rental please

We are just back from the Treehouse...we stayed in the older unit...if you are in the newer unit, you are up higher from the road with even more gorgeous views. Either place is super. I think you will feel secure at either place....the road is used by many walkers (tho I would not want to do it, being a bit of a couch potato)..and Anse Chastenet brings road traffic so there are people around....you will get waves and smiles from folks if you do it yourself. After meeting folks at Anse Chast, some would smile and wave at us or call our greetings on their way to or from work. I'd say you'll be comfy and happy there. Enjoy!!!!!

Cape Cod, MA
Level Contributor
294 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Questions about the Treehouse rental please

Hi Interlochenki,

Thank you so much for the update! We will be there in 3 months, can't wait! I have so many questions for you. Did you rent a car or take taxis? Did you do any tours? Any favorite restaurants? I don't think we'll venture up North as we only have 7 nights although we'd like to go to Marigot Bay via water taxi. Did you do this? Looking forward to hearing from you!

Interlochenkids
Level Contributor
20 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Questions about the Treehouse rental please

Hi again, Jayne. A day sail to Marigot Bay was on "our list" but we did not get to do it. People say it's fabulous. We did see the bay from land....it looks lovely but I think water views are almost always the best.

Cape Cod, MA
Level Contributor
294 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Questions about the Treehouse rental please

Thanks again I, you are so helpful! You'll have to put that on your list for your next visit to St. Lucia. :)

17. Re: Questions about the Treehouse rental please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:39 am, April 25, 2013