We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anse La Raye Friday Fish Fry

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
Anse La Raye Friday Fish Fry

How much will it cost for a taxi FROM MARIGOT BAY to the Anse La Raye Friday Fish Fry?

How much will it cost for a taxi FROM SOUFRIERE to the Anse La Raye Friday Fish Fry?

Is there a local bus that will go FROM Marigot Bay to Anse La Raye and how long is the ride?

Is there a local bus that will go FROM SOUFRIERE to Anse La Raye and how long is the ride?

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
12,026 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anse La Raye Friday Fish Fry

I can give you a general idea of the bus fare and length for the Soufriere to Anse La Raye. The ride will be around 25 minutes or so - the ride may be shorter or longer depending on driver's speed and how many stops they make in between. There is no set bus schedule and it will be very difficult to get a bus back to Soufriere after the Fish Fry. They don't generally run that late. Also, fares should be $3-5EC. I don't know the exact fare as I normally take a private vehicle.

Taxi rates are high in St. Lucia as most people use the public buses or their own cars. Also, fuel prices are high. A taxi from Soufriere to Anse La Raye and back would probably cost aroun $65 -$80US for up to 4 people. I may be estimating high, however for the time of night and hours involved, I may not be.

It would be similar from Marigot Bay.

Hopefully, someone else will have more detailed info - at least this will get you started. Your hotel should be able to give you more detailed info when you arrive.

Enjoy your trip.

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Anse La Raye Friday Fish Fry

Thank you reedprincess. Just to save a little on costs we'll probably take a local bus to the fish fry and land taxi back. Should it be easy to get a taxi from the fish fry?

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
12,026 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anse La Raye Friday Fish Fry

it may not be so easy to get a taxi back if you haven't pre-booked it. Most people who go - locals included - either live there or have arranged r/t transportation i.e. carpool, hired van, hitch a ride, etc.

There isn't a taxi stand I am aware of with guys waiting on a possible fare. I would highly recommend either a taxi r/t or arranging with the bus driver for an extra amount to return for you.

Good luck - it's definitely worth a visit!!!

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anse La Raye Friday Fish Fry

We shared a taxi minivan with 4 other people (for a total of 6) to the Anse La Ray Fish Fry from Soufriere and it cost us $60/person round trip. The driver took us early, for the fresher food, and waited until we were ready to go. We only stopped a few times on the lookouts and it took us more like 45 minutes to get there. Very, very windy roads. Seemed like it took us less time to get back because it was dark.

Contact Christopher Taxi Services, he will respond immediately: info@sluchristaxi.com

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anse La Raye Friday Fish Fry

Sorry, I meant to say it was $60 round trip for 2 people!

Oakford...
Level Contributor
10 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anse La Raye Friday Fish Fry

We took a water taxi from Soufriere to Anse la Raye and back in February 2011 for $40 per person round trip. It was well worth it; the boat ride up at sunset and back under the full moon was wonderful and much faster than a land taxi. I can recommend Simon and his boat, the Giddy up; his boat is modern and fully equipped with navigational lights, etc. Your hotel will probably know how to contact him. The crew hung out at the fish fry and took us back when we were ready to go. They coordinated by cell phone with the taxi driver from our hotel, who met us at the dock in Soufriere at 11:30 that night and took us back to our hotel.

Edited: 1:49 pm, May 22, 2011
7. Re: Anse La Raye Friday Fish Fry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, October 30, 2012