We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pitons Advice please

4 posts
Save Topic
Pitons Advice please

Planning a 20 th anniversary get away. Thinking of 1 week on Crane Beach in Barbados, then flying Liat to St Lucia and spending another week to 10 days around Soufriere as we are in love with the pitons. We stayed many years ago at Anse Chastanet and loved it, however a change is nice. It would be more dramatic to have a more up close and personal experience with the pitons and my wife loves the idea of the Jalousie-being so close to the beach without all the driving. I agree as well, but am torn as to whether we shoudn`t divide up our second week by also staying at a higher elevation.. My wife is not convinced. I keep telling her that the pictures cannot do the pitons justice. I found 6 lovely villas on the rim above Ladera as well as a couple below Ladera . Are the views worth actually staying there (after Jalousie) or are we better off staying the whole time at Jalousie and just having cocktails at Ladera and having a meal at La Haut , Stonefields,etc. Thank you in advance to all you St Lucia experts.

Soufriere, St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,154 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Pitons Advice please

Villa Colombette is higher up than La Haut and Crystals on the west coast road north of Soufriere. They are all much further from the Pitons than Hermitage Villa (Petit Piton) or Ladera (between the Pitons).

Consider Piton Stargroves Villa an open-walled "treehouse" in Morne La Croix - the village above Jalousie Resort on the NW flank of Gros Piton

Or La Dauphine Estate in Etangs, Soufriere

Choiseul is a charming village...

Anse l'Ivrogne is a wilderness site - no development - Hallelu Jah!

Bless up! Paul

2 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Pitons Advice please

I am trying to plan my honeymoon and i am interested in staying at the hermitage cottage...Is that the one that you stayed at? If so can you give me more information?

Vieux Fort, St...
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Pitons Advice please

There are four villas on the ridge above Ladera, all have lovely views. Hermitage Cottage is the smallest of the four. It has a nice pool and lovely gardens. Then there are the larger pair, Hermitage Terrace and Hermitage Villa which both have pools and are four bedroomed, and lastly there is Hermitage Jewel, which is three bedroom with pool.

They are all lovely, the only one I would avoid is Hermitage Terrace, which is too big and sprawly for a couple.

2 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Pitons Advice please

ok great...what do you think about the treehouse 2?... i think it is near anse chastenet...has great reviews....im totally torn between the two!

15. Re: Pitons Advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, October 12, 2012
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now