We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ti Kaye or Stonefield

JHM
Owensboro, KY
5 posts
Save Topic
Ti Kaye or Stonefield

I've seen all the great reviews of Stonefield, and I like the fact that it is near the Pitons, but my wife seems to be worried about the lack of air conditioning and mosquitos. So, she thinks Ti Kaye might suit us better. We're going in late June. Should the lack of air conditioning dictate our choice?

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ti Kaye or Stonefield

When are you planning on going?

JHM
Owensboro, KY
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ti Kaye or Stonefield

We plan on going the last of June.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ti Kaye or Stonefield

In November the mosquitos were not a problem at all. I noticed one and swatted it away. I wore light bug spray every evening and never got a bite. I had reaad that there were no screens, but there were screens. I would not want to stay in St. Lucia and have A/C. We wouldn't have the same experience.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
261 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ti Kaye or Stonefield

I haven't stayed at Stonefield. But this past June I stayed at Ti Kaye (with A/C) and at Ladera (no A/C). On the beach, St. Lucia is swelteringly hot, I was in the water a lot. At Ti Kaye I was particularly glad we had A/C because many nights at dinner, which was open air, I could feel the sweat dripping down my back, and while that was fine for dinner, I personally can't stand sleeping sweaty.

At Ladera, which was up very high, the temperature at Ladera was a good bit cooler than the temperature at the Beach/Ti Kaye. Ladera was also a resort which essentially straddled a ridge so it had excellent cross breeze which kept us cool at night. I didn't sweat at all when I was at Ladera and it was fine.

So I guess to answer your question, Yes St. Lucia is exceptionally hot in June, but if Stonefield is located high enough with a good cross breeze, it could be fine.

Good Luck!

LONDON
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ti Kaye or Stonefield

Just back from Stonefield 2 days ago - Stay there - you can use the beach at the Jalouise and are close to the Pitons and beautiful scenery . However the mosquitos are a real problem and there is no air conditioning.However there are large fans and the place is well ventilated.You can also east at various local and other restuarants

Problem with Ti Kaye and we visted it is that it is isolated and you are limited to eat there as there is nothing else around