We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help us get married !

NY
12 posts
Save Topic
Please help us get married !

Hello all, just a basic opinion question.

We have chosen St Lucia to have our wedding the end of May-early June 2006. We want a small, romantic wedding in a secluded setting. We have narrowed it down to Anse Chastenat, Stonefield, Ladera. Now, which to choose? I don't think Ladera is a very good spot for the ceremony, (side of the pool)? Does anyone have any suggestions on either of these resorts or could recommend any others in the South? We just can't make up our minds and come to a solid decision.. Thanks for all your everyone, please help us get married....

Chris

Castries, St.Lucia
Level Contributor
508 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help us get married !

You could check out this page. I was there for a wedding recently and it was splendid and the view is superb. They did it very well...... http://www.cliff-house.com.....but it is more to the north of the island, right at the very outer end of Marigot Bay.

ld
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help us get married !

We stayed at Stonefield and I would imagine they would also hold weddings by the pool, but it was deserted and the view is truly amazing. So not at all like you'd imagine it would be getting married next to a pool (ie no one swimming about whilst you are taking your vows). We did not see a wedding whilst there, but I did love the place and its very very good value. The remay also be aother locations there as well. That said a friend of mine did get married at Anse Chsternet a number of years ago and she raved about it. They chose to get married on their villa verandah which was up on the hillside, but I imagine there are a few locations in and around the hotel.

florida
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
769 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help us get married !

Believe me, Ladera's "side of the pool" is one extraordinary spot for a wedding. The pool sits on the edge of the hillside and looks out to the two Pitons.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help us get married !

I have a friend who was in a wedding at the Stonefield this summer and he loved it. The family especially liked that they could have a lot of people in a large villa, while couples could be in smaller villas. They said the Stonefield did a great job with the wedding. After his advice I decided to go to the Stonefield instead of Anse Chastenet for my honeymoon. I like the fact that it's smaller, with 16 villas, not 40 - more individual attention.

5. Re: Please help us get married !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, May 05, 2009