We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deep Sea Fishing

Which Soufriere hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Level Contributor
9 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Deep Sea Fishing

Hi

Has anyone one been deep sea fishing from St Lucia?

My husband want s to go when we visit in March - any suggestions??

We are staying at Jalousie.

Thanks

Miami
13 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Deep Sea Fishing

It can be fun but it s kind of hit and miss. We used Mistic Man tours I think and spent the whole day dragging lines and caught nothing. they do not use ground bait to encourage the fish to feed. if you control your technque you will probably have more luck

uk
Level Contributor
9 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Deep Sea Fishing

ok thanks

Where is Mistic man based?

How much does it cost for a day?

Elkridge, Maryland
Level Contributor
266 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Deep Sea Fishing

Hi Larry,

I went deep sea fishing while in St.lucia and though i got sea sick my husband enjoyed it. They caught a wahoo and there was excitement in the air. We did it with Hackshaws-www.hackshaws.com. Serenity Vacations also do fishing excursions-www.serenitytvl.com but these two companies are based in the north of the island. Mystic man rates great reviews and since that company is based in Soufriere you shouldn't go wrong.

Daytona Beach...
Level Contributor
148 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Deep Sea Fishing

I, too, highly recommend Hackshaws. Check them out at www.hackshaws.com. I worked with Chris Hackshaw to plan 3 days of fishing for our trip to St. Lucia in in December 2006, and could not have been happier with my experience. Chris provided all details about the charter, and put me in touch with numerous prior customers. After checking references, I booked with confidence. My experience fishing with Chris' crews was outstanding. The guys worked hard, and never gave up. In 3 days of fishing, I caught tuna, barracuda, wahoo, and 5 blue marlin. The first day out was the slowest of the 3, and we didn't get a strike for the first 6 hours. But the crew worked hard, changing baits, trying different lures, etc., trying everything to tempt a hungry fish. Their persistence paid off, with my first blue marlin. I got another marlin the second day, and 3 more on the final day. These guys know what they are doing, have top quality tackle, and clean, safe, comfortable boats. The third day of fishing was one of my best days ever, with all three marlin coming in about 2 1/2 hours... nearly 500 pounds total weight.

I've fished in the US, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, and Costa Rica. The Hackshaw crews are second to none. They will work hard for you, and they are great people. I hope to get back to St. Lucia, and when I do, I will definitely be going fishing with Hackshaws!

5. Re: Deep Sea Fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, September 21, 2009