We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer 08

UK
Level Contributor
452 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Summer 08

I'm thinking about St Lucia for our fortnight in August 08. I'll be with my husband (requests tennis & winsurfing) and 11 yr old sons (who would like other children to play with). We'd like a resort with sports but not necessary night life. I'd love a white carribean beach with a comfy sun lounger. Jalousie seems to fit the bill, any opinions would be appreciated. thanks.

Jersey City, New...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,254 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Summer 08

I had a wonderful holiday at Jalousie in March. It's an awesome location. Arguably one of the most beautifully situated resorts in the Caribbean. Sitting between The Pitons on Eden Bay it does have imported white sand on its beach. I'm not sure if they have a kids club. If your family enjoys snorkeling you'll love Jalousie's marine preserve, it's like swimming in an aquarium!!

Windjammer Landings in the North closer to Castries advertises a white sand beach though it's probably imported like Jalousie's. It's the only other resort I've stayed at on the island that seems to meet your criteria.

It's a great resort with multi bdrm villas so that could work well for your family and they have a kids club. WL has tennis courts with night lighting and windsurfing.

SLU is also probably a good idea for August as it's situated so far south in the region that it tends to have fewer hurricane season issues.

Cheers!

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,444 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Summer 08

I second Windjammer as meeting your requirements. They have windsurfers and tennis on site and it is included in the fees. One of the watersports guys previously did the windsurfing race from St. Lucia to Martinique so he should be a wealth of information and help if that is needed. They also have a kids and teen club so your 11 year old will be entertained as well.

ny
Level Contributor
228 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Summer 08

Windjammer Landings is the right place close to the movies etc...

UK
Level Contributor
452 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Summer 08

OK, thanks for you input. I'll have a look at Windjammer. Jalousie just looks so pretty..maybe it's one for when Granny has the children..

UK
Level Contributor
452 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Summer 08

I've had a look at many of the St Lucia hotels & still Jalousie looks the loveliest. I'm keen to avoid the 'holiday camp' feel that the Almond Resorts and Winjammer offer. (No sambaing round the pool for me thanks).The children love to sail & snorkel but probably would't attend a kids club. Has anyone travelled there as a family in the school summer holidays?

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,464 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Summer 08

Hi Polski

If you are trying to avoid the microphone entertainment, aerobics in the pool etc, Bingo on the beach, Salsa dance classes etc particularly during the holiday season then go to Jalousie and not Windjammer. I think Windjammer is great and own timeshare there and their watersports are excellent, however the entertainment staff do enjoy their microphones. Jalousie is set in a lovely location with a better beach and snorkelling so I would have to say go with them based on your requirements in your original post. You will be more isolated for outside restaurants though.

Good luck with your choice.

SL

Jersey City, New...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,254 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Summer 08

Hi StLucia_Enthusiast,

I immediately noticed your avatar, isn't it new? Just curious about how and why you choose this image. It's a great thread running on the Jamaica forum, how we all choose our screen names and avatars?

Cheers!

UK
Level Contributor
452 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Summer 08

Hi SLE

Thanks for your input. Based on what I've read we've booked Jalousie. Have you been in August? I'm wondering about the rainful & mosquitoes..Also have you done the zip wire through the rain forest? It look great fun, but from what I've read appears to be a long drive from Jalousie. I'd be interested to know if it's worth it.

Thanks

Jersey City, New...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,254 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Summer 08

Polski483,

Good decision! You're going to absolutely love Windjammer. Getting to the zip line tour from there shouldn't be too difficult as it’s in Dennery maybe a 1/2 to 40 minute drive tops.

Even if you go AI at Jalousie you should consider having dinner at Rainforest Hideaway in Marigot Bay which is not too far from JP and/or lunch or dinner at Dasheene at Ladera. The restaurant has an amazing view of The Pitons day or night; they have a brunch buffet on Sundays that's supposed to be good value for the money. If you go at night, be sure to be there early enough to watch the sunset.

Enjoy!

Jersey City, New...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,254 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Summer 08

Ooops... I meant to say, you'll love Jalousie of course!!