We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice

Which Soufriere hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hoboken, NJ
5 posts
Save Topic
Advice

Hi!

We are planning a 12 day Honeymoon in August 2008. We would like to do 2 hotels but are not sure which are better. We are deciding between Ti Kaye Village, Crystals, Jade Mountain and Ladera. I want to experience the culture of St Lucia but my fiance doens't want too many little creatures involved in that plan. Any advice would be grateful!

Thanks!

Liz

Niantic, Connecticut
Level Contributor
231 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice

If you want to split the honeymoon between rustic and luxury then i personally would choice Ti Kaye for the rustic yet romantic(i would book the ocean front single cottage with plunge pool and Ladera would be my top choice for luxury. Jade mountain looks amazing but it's very modern and that's not my style. This is a hard question because everyone has their own opinions. I have not been to any of these hotels but i have read reviews for all of them and looked at the candid traveler photos and imagined/ daydreamed about going to tikaye and ladera, and i always have a great time..lol....

Ontario
Level Contributor
236 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice

Lizzdev,

I am going to concur with "Ben" on the difference between Jade and Ladera. Jade's building just looks "out of place" in SLU. The rooms are spectacular and opulent - but you could find a room like this (save and except the view) pretty much anywhere - Dubai comes to mind...Ladera is decadent luxury and still Caribbean and retains many aspects of the culture of the island that Jade can not and does not.,,,,

As for Ti Kaye - it gets some of the best reviews around....Or there is the Humminbird Cottages in Soufriere and the Stonefiled Villas - check the reviews of these two....There's also Crystals (which I have heard great things about but must admit to never having set my big toe on the property and thus can not comment on).

If you did Ladera for part and any one of the others suggested for the balance, I am sure you'd have an amazing Honeymoon.

Cheers,

Dee

Ben, when do you go? Don't forget to look up the in-laws and to drop me a line while you are there (or get your contact here to do it!). We are working on 37 sleeps, then its island time!!!! You must be down to about 20 days....Best of luck. I'd love to hear how it goes :)

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
449 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice

Hi Lizzdev,

After looking at many resorts on St. Lucia, we decided on Ti Kaye for 7 nights, followed by 3 nights at Ladera. Our trip is not until April, but I cannot wait. I have followed the reviews for almost two years now, and feel very comfortable with my decision. They both seem so amazing, but for different reasons. Good Luck, and let us know what you decide.

Niantic, Connecticut
Level Contributor
231 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice

Hi DEE - I'm really excited just 14 more sleeps and i will be sleeping to the sound of crashing waves. I will e-mail you when i am down there.

Lizz- Hands down you must stay at Ladera.. The dream suite looks amazing in the photos. Have fun!!!!!

Hoboken, NJ
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice

Thank you all for your advice! We decided to go to Ti Kaye and I'll share these suggestions about Ladera with my fiance...

BrAnJaEl have a great time and please post so I can see how the combo worked!!

Cadillac, Michigan
Level Contributor
65 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice

Have fun at Ti Kaye - we had an AMAZING time there. It is going to be a tough one to beat.

Some advise: get a plunge pool. We were in it constantly. We spent a lot of time on the beach, but it was nice to have some privacy. It is totally worth the extra money - another couple we met who didn't get one were sorry they didn't.

Read my trip report for tips - have a great time!

7. Re: Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, September 13, 2009