We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ladera Resort - Bedroom

Blacksburg, VA
9 posts
Save Topic
Ladera Resort - Bedroom

Without sounding like an idiot...

I know that all of the rooms are "missing" a fourth wall. Who needs one anyway? But I was curious as to if the Luxury 1 Bedroom Villa suite actually has a bedroom "portion." I.e. Are there four walls surrounding the bed. I have seen pictures where it looks like there are four walls, but a ceiling that doesn't touch all four walls so there appears to be a gap between the top of the wall and the ceiling so you can still get that great morning light. Is this the case? Or is the bed still out right near the opening of the walls?

Chicago Burbs, IL
Destination Expert
for Soufriere
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ladera Resort - Bedroom

Each of the rooms at Ladera are configured differently. As far as the one-bedroom suites go, they are what I would call open air bedrooms. Each suite may have the bedroom "portion" placed, differently, some may be set back a bit, down a step or two, up a level, etc. This may change the wide range view perspective from the bed itself, but there is no forth wall to the bedrooms.

Ontario
Level Contributor
236 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ladera Resort - Bedroom

That's the beauty of Ladera - no fourth wall. That being said, all of the suites are plced in a patern such that the view, while open' is VERY private - you could paddle around your private splash pool in the buff all day and no one else would ever be the wiser. IMHO Laders is the most magical place on the island, if not the whole planet - enjoy! I am deeply envious!!!

Dee

Ontario
Level Contributor
236 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ladera Resort - Bedroom

vtbahama,

I noticed that you were contemplating Jalhousie as well from your earlier posts. About the only thing Jalhousie has over Ladera is that it is at water level. Otherwise, Ladera wins hands down - food, rooms, view, service - you name it! Also Ladera will get you to the beach - they have a shuttle!

Did you get a copy of Ladera's promotional DVD? It has great views of the rooms so that you get a sense of how they keep them private without the 4th wall...

New York City
Level Contributor
88 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ladera Resort - Bedroom

My wife and I are considering Ladera and have been reading reviews on several sites. Someone posted on a site that they were at Ladera and if they climbed on the ledge at the extreme outside of their pool, they could see the outside ledge and a small part of the pool and did see some arms sticking out of that pool.

Ontario
Level Contributor
236 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ladera Resort - Bedroom

KinerA

They would have had to be really stretching----And you definitely aren't seeing into the decadent bedroom / bed :)

Book it - you will love it!!!!!

New York City
Level Contributor
88 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ladera Resort - Bedroom

We are not prudes and I didn't mean we thought that you could really see who was in the next plunge pool, and certainly nothing more. It was just that this couple seemed to be saying that there might have been a line of sight from outside ledge to the next outside ledge, nothing more.

Ontario
Level Contributor
236 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ladera Resort - Bedroom

KinerA

Ontario
Level Contributor
236 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ladera Resort - Bedroom

KinerA,

Enjoy! Ladera is an amazing place. Hope you love it as much as we do!

9. Re: Ladera Resort - Bedroom

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, September 11, 2009