We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anse chastanet meal plan

Which Soufriere hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vermont
8 posts
Save Topic
anse chastanet meal plan

I guess this is a double post (I also posted the same question in the St. Lucia general forum but realized this was a more appropriate place). Mods-please delete the other one if necessary.

Hi all, my wife and I will be staying at Anse Chastanet in December and have a few questions on their meal plans/ and dinner options. Some of the issues we are running into is that I tend to be a big eater while she is not. She is also a vegetarian. Our travel agent told me that I would be able to book a meal plan for just one person but I spoke with the reservation people at AC and they informed me that both people in the room would have to book it. We don't see her spending the $70 on breakfast and dinner (she's more of a yogurt for breakfast and maybe a sald and entree for dinner-no dessert). We actually would rather just eat lunch and dinner but thats not a plan they offer.

I was told the dinner price was $52. Would my wife be able to order A la carte from any of the dinner menus while I got the $52 dinner option? Is this at both restaurants? Any surcharges for some of the menu items?

With the meal plans--are any drinks included (bottled water/softdrinks)?

Is there a breakfast a la carte menu? Would we just be able to order something small like a bowl of fruit or some yogurt or would we be forced into buying the cold buffet @ $15?

Any more info on food prices would be great.

Wow -lots of questions. Thanks,

Juc

Boston...
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: anse chastanet meal plan

Juc -

Both of you can order ala carte at various restaurants, however, I believe the breakfast buffet is prix fix ($15) at the Treehouse and the Trou au Diable. The Treehouse offers a prix fix dinner nightly (with at least three options/course, including appetizer, dinner and dessert). The other restaurants you can order whatever you want, ala carte.

The only meal plan that includes all of your drinks (including soda and alcoholic) is the all-inclusive. The other meal plans you have to buy your drinks, except for the coffee/tea at breakfast, which is included.

I am a light eater as well, while my boyfriend can always eat. We decided to go ala carte in the beginning to see what worked for us, but opted for the breakfast and dinner meal plan the second day we were there. There were a few days we bought lunch, but otherwise, that worked well for us.

You can always decide what's best for you and sign on to a meal plan once you get there. I think they just ask that if you do opt for a meal plan, it has to be for at least three or four days.

For what it's worth, we never had a bad meal there.

Enjoy your trip!!

Suzanne

Litchfield...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: anse chastanet meal plan

i'm a travel agent-and a vegetarian myself and I wholeheartedly recommend the meal plan. I'll be using it myself when I honeymoon at Jade Mountain in October. check out the jade mountain website, as they have a menu on there, with food prices. Also, your wife should be able to find something to eat as the assistant general manager there, Peter Jean Paul is a vegetarian himself.

3. Re: anse chastanet meal plan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, September 06, 2009