We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stonefield villas - general

Tennessee
8 posts
Save Topic
Stonefield villas - general

Hello all,

My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon at Stonefield. I have done research on Stonefield and found that many people have written reviews on the different villas at Stonefield. I think that it is an overall consensus that Frangipani is the most popular. I have seen some great reviews on Manchineel and Hibiscus too. However, after these I have seen very little on the other villas (Tamarind, Gingerlilly, Causarina, etc.) If anyone has any information about these 'other' villas, please share your thoughts. (especially Causarina as that is the one that they said was available).

If you have any information on which ones have better views, plunge pool, more privacy, any pictures, etc. Or any that you would not reccommend too. Would any villa make a nice romantic, private get-away? Any information would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Central NJ
Level Contributor
63 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stonefield villas - general

Cardfann, we just got back from 9 AWESOME days at Stonefield (I'm going to write my review momentarily). We were in Frangipani Villa and did not see inside any of the others, but I have to tell you--there's no way ANY villa wouldn't be romantic and--to varying degrees--private. Even Frangipani, which I believe is supposed to be the most private--wasn't completely so. But private enough. And inside the villa is private in all of course. ;-)

I have read good things about Causarina--go back in the reviews, I'm sure there's at least one that mentions it.

You will have a great time--I'm so jealous!

Review to come soon ...

Powell, Ohio
Level Contributor
97 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stonefield villas - general

Greenie,

I am happy they honored your resrvation for Frangipani, that gives me faith that ours will be honred as well!! Were there any problems with the rate change for the villa or was all well with that also? I can't wait to read your review! Hope you had a wonderful trip :<) I can't wait til next month!

Franklin...
Level Contributor
252 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stonefield villas - general

Cardfan, we got back from Stonefield a week ago and we were booked in Raintree. We were actually very disappointed in the lack or privacy at this villa. The porch overlooks the parking lot and the security guards stand on the other side of the lot. We could hear their conversation and they could clearly see up on the portch. We were very fortunate because my husband asked them if they had anything else available and the only thing open for the week was their largest villa, the three bedroom Plantation House. They gave us a free upgrade to this huge house so we were very lucky. It doesn't sound like Raintree has come up for you but I would try to avoid it if you can. You'll love Stonefield, it's beautiful.

Tennessee
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Stonefield villas - general

I'm sure any villa is going to be wonderful for our honeymoon, but I'm so excited to go and i just can't stop researching this place - it's too much fun.

Anyway, after further research, we are now looking into the '1-bedroom suite' class of villas. (Oleander, Jacaranda, Flambouyant, Jasmine). I have read one or two reviews on Oleander and Jacaranda. Does anyone have any more information on any one of these? Any pictures? I really haven't read any reviews on Flamboyant or Jasmine.

Thanks!

Central NJ
Level Contributor
63 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stonefield villas - general

diannadana, the rates were never an issue. Upon a arrival, they gave me a copy of the deposit I had paid, which clearly says "50% of total". Upon checkout, they charged us the same rate I had paid in my deposit, so the subject never even had to be addressed.

Thank goodness!

If you have confirmation that says Frangipani, I am sure that's what you will get. Enjoy!!!!

kansas city
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Stonefield villas - general

Cardfan1: We stayed in Jasmine last year. Great view and good privacy. If you want pictures email brian@wolcottassoc.com. Title it St. lucia or I might acc. delete it.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
134 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Stonefield villas - general

greenie.... I am so glad to hear that you had an amazing time.. I loved reading your review too! I asked about what villa they had me booked for and she said Frangipani! but informed me that it could change :( I dont see how they can change that though lol it doesnt make sense.... anyways PLEASE let me know when you get your pictures up on the computer! I can't wait to see them.

Thanks a bunch

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
134 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Stonefield villas - general

greenie.... I am so glad to hear that you had an amazing time.. I loved reading your review too! I asked about what villa they had me booked for and she said Frangipani! but informed me that it could change :( I dont see how they can change that though lol it doesnt make sense.... anyways PLEASE let me know when you get your pictures up on the computer! I can't wait to see them.

Thanks a bunch

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
134 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Stonefield villas - general

Thanks a bunch

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
134 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Stonefield villas - general

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh omg my computer went crazy and i cant figure out how to delete the extra posts... sorry guys!!!!! lol