We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coco Palm - Do I need a converter?

Which Gros Islet hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Morrisville, North...
2 posts
Save Topic
Coco Palm - Do I need a converter?

Just wondering if the Coco Palm has any outlets in their rooms that will take U.S. appliances (digital camera espcially) or do I need to buy a converter?

Dorchester, England
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Coco Palm - Do I need a converter?

Power sockets? Don't know about facilities at Coco Palm, but standard power sockets in St Lucia are the UK "13 amp" 3-pin.

Voltage 220V (I was told). Had no problems charging camera and Palm batteries. 50 cycles, I guess, but my equipment wouldn't have been fussy about that, I think.

No, the UK 13 amp sockets won't take US plug of any sort. You need an adaptor to deal with that. Try your nearest travel shop. Airport shops stock them in the UK. Don't recall having seen them in the US, but that was fifteen and more years ago, and memory fades.

NJ
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coco Palm - Do I need a converter?

They have one or two outlets that will take US appliances. We had no problem charging our camera or using the blow dryer.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
57 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coco Palm - Do I need a converter?

hey Sweets,

i will be in one of the swim up rooms this october. How was your stay? tell me the do's and don'ts as per your suggestion.

How was check in? How were the mosquitos? does off work to get rid of them? was the band really loud?

trying to do all my homework before i visit.

you input will be greatly appreciated :-)

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
708 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coco Palm - Do I need a converter?

Plug sockets seem to take appliances from uk and us. Don't forget to pack your ear plugs if you want to get to sleep before midnight!

Castries, St Lucia
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Coco Palm - Do I need a converter?

Coco Palm actually carry dual voltage plugs. They have plugs to take both US appliances and UK appliances.

Hope that this answers your question.

6. Re: Coco Palm - Do I need a converter?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, August 19, 2009