We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Help

northumberland
5 posts
Save Topic
Need Help

Hi

I recently stayed in Club St lucia by Splash in the romance village it was a total dissappointment as was the rest of the Hotel it was for my wedding and there were 23 of us in the party too big a group to move although I must admit the wedding day only was fab.

I wrote to Virgin & complained but just got a standard thanks but no thanks letter telling me I was a one off complaint & the letter from the manager was just terrible had an answer for everything it felt as if it was our fault we spent a lot of money and never even got offered the upgrade money back from virgin.

I am taken this further to both ABTA & the BBC watchdog and would be really grateful if anyone would be prepared to do the same so that other brides will not be dissappointed with the hotel as I was

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
711 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Help

I am sorry to hear that your holliday was spoilt by the surroundings etc., of your hotel. I am surprised at Virgin, when we were in St lucia in July, our virgin rep was based at Club St lucia, and told me she dreaded it because of all the complaints. That the resort really needed to spruce up the accomodation and it's attitude! Also if you look on TA, this particular hotel gets lots of criticisms from dissapointed travellers. Did you send copies of postings here on TA to virgin to back up your claims? I cannot belived that yours was the only complaint that they recieved. Good luck with BBC and ABTA.

Allvox

Stratford on Avon
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Help

I went to Club St. Lucia with Virgin a couple of years ago, not to get married but with my husband and children. Like you say I was very disappointed with the hotel and moved after one night. I wrote and got the standard reply but then got myself a solicitor on a no win no fee basis. Virgin paid me £2000 just before we went to the small claims court. Keep plugging away at it. Virgin know that the hotel is not up to scratch yet they seem surprised when people complain. My solicitor has been dealing with complaints from there for a while now. You will get compensation in the end. You have to let Virgin know that and they will give in. Good Luck!!

Cumbria
Level Contributor
15 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Help

HI i ALSO STAYED AT THIS RESORT AT Easter time this year, with my husband and 2 children, I also travelled with virgin and Im in the process of negotiating with them at the moment, I fully intend to take this further,I have sent them pre Arbitration notice, I will proceed if they so not compensate for what we had to put, you can contact me at toni_barker 10@ hotmail ,com

4. Re: Need Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 23, 2009