We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Recent Visitors

Which Gros Islet hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northumberland...
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Any Recent Visitors

Hello everyone

Has anyone been to Club St Lucia by Splash in the last few weeks - just looking for an update on the state of the rooms etc.

Also, seen some rumour about it being taken over - anyone heard anything???

Cheers

UK
Level Contributor
230 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any Recent Visitors

I got back at the end of Apil which was my 5th visit.

The rumour that it is being taken over, has been a rumour for years! As far as I know it's not been taken over yet.

If you want to know more about CSL, recent pictures etc please visit my site on MSN - Clubstluciarevisited (you can find it under people & groups) there are over 200 members who have visited and many of us more than once. I can't post the link at the moment, but I will later on.

Club St Lucia always attracts mixed reviews here, some people love it, some people don't. In my opinion it's a fair priced budget all inclusive that caters in the main for families.

It's 3 star not 5 star, the rooms are clean and spacious, linen and towels changed daily, and a variety of food always available. The beach is quite small with dark sand (as it's volcanic) but it's here that you can do a variety of watersports. There is a quieter beach just outside the main entrance which is better for sunbathing & snorkeling.

The biggest plus for us are the kids' clubs - I have 2 children aged 5 & 6 and they love it, the staff are wonderful with them and it's one of the reasons we go back.

I hope this helps,

Michelle

UK
Level Contributor
230 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any Recent Visitors

As promised, the link to the MSN site for Club St Lucia, I hope you find it useful.

http://groups.msn.com/ClubStLuciarevisited

Michelle

UK
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Any Recent Visitors

Hi, i dont want to make you miserable, but.

just got back from almond morgan resort which is down the road from club st lucia, we only drove past it, four couple moved to our place on their second day at club st lucia, they said it was appauling, other families couldnt afford to move as they wanted cancellations fees and everything. If you can change it do it now!

Food was awful and it didnt look anything like the brochure pics.

England
Level Contributor
1,623 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any Recent Visitors

I think it's probably better to listen to people who've been there - rather than hearsay. I've visited this resort 5 times with my family. I travel extensively and stay in many different types of accommodation. This resort is excellent for families on a budget. Those who book it with unrealistic expectations will be disappointed.

I fail to see how anyone can be disappointed with the food - the international grill ALWAYS has a wide variety of food to suit all - there is always a roast, local dishes, salads, pasta, vegetables every night and each night has a different theme. There are also several other restauraunts - an Italian, Oriental, Beach Barbeque and Mexican - and, despite messages to the contrary, I have never had a problem getting a booking in any of these restaurants

There are people who don't like the resort on arrival because the rooms are chalet-type. These rooms are clean, towels and linen changed daily and with excellent aircon. Personally I prefer to enjoy the sun and the activities on offer than to grumble about how attractive my accommodation is. There are those who don't like the beach because the sand is dark (it's a volcanic island - those hotels with golden sand have imported it!).

This is one of the few resorts I have encountered where all the watersports (including waterskiing) are free. The entertainments staff work tirelessly, as do the gardeners, maids, pool attendants and restaurant staff.

I believe you have taken a look at the CSL revisited site - please listen to those who enjoy it. The resort always has a huge number of returners - surely this says something!

5. Re: Any Recent Visitors

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:21 am, August 12, 2009