We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi rates?

Toronto
Level Contributor
51 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
taxi rates?

We are a group staying at Smugglers Cove wanting to go to the Castries to shop. Does anyone know how much it would cost for a taxi?

1. Re: taxi rates?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 6:34 pm, January 22, 2013
Soufriere, St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,993 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi rates?

Bon jou lilkimmie,

+ USD 25/per each additional passenger.

Bless up! Paul

Toronto
Level Contributor
51 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi rates?

HOLY MOLLY - cheaper to rent a car for the day.

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,435 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi rates?

Depends on the size of your group as to cost. I would take a taxi to the bus pickup or walk to the main road if you like walking and then take the local bus. The bus is about $1 or so per person each way and brings you right into Castries. Very easy and safe.

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
12,355 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: taxi rates?

Sure, could be overall.

Cheapest is to take the bus, but it doesn't run up to Cap frequently. You could take the taxi down to Rodney Bay ($12US) and then take the bus down to Castries (very frequent from the R B bus stand), about $1.50-$2EC pp - and fun. Will drop you right by the craft market and you can walk around from there, then pick it up when you want to head back. Very frequent furing the day between Castries and RB .

Good luck!

Toronto
Level Contributor
51 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: taxi rates?

REALLY"? There is a bus! I love it! Let me get this straight - taxi to Rodney Bay...where is the place to catch the bus to Castries?

I'm going to do it - just want to know where to tell the taxi driver to drop me off.

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
12,355 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: taxi rates?

The bus stand is right at the main entrance to Rodney Bay Village, across from JQ Mall. Tell the driver JQ Mall or the bus stand and you're good. That is the most frequented stop and always has buses coming and going. They do go all the way up to Gros Islet village; theoretically, if you liked a good amount of walking (good amount!) You could walk into GI and grab a bus at the highway - but it is a long walk from Cap/Smugglers.

Easiest is to just take the ride down to RB and grab the bus there.

Enjoy!

Toronto
Level Contributor
51 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: taxi rates?

thank you all for your answers to my transportation woes. I will be taking the bus! Pretty pumped!

9. Re: taxi rates?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, January 25, 2014