We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it really as bad as some of the reviews

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Is it really as bad as some of the reviews

My husband and I are due to travel to Club St Lucia by Splash in July with our four year old son to celebrate out tenth wedding anniversary - can you please give upto date view on state of the rooms we will be staying in. I appreciate everyone has different tastes but some of the reviews have been a little worrying lately . Many thanks Carol

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it really as bad as some of the reviews

Hi

I have stayed at Club St Lucia many times. The rooms are basic but are kept very clean, which is the main thing in my point of view, after all I am only in my room to sleep, shower etc. It is definitely not a 5* resort but this is reflected in the price. I would definitely return to Club St Lucia without any consideration.

lincoln
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it really as bad as some of the reviews

Hi Carol I would most certainly say do not waste your money or time on this place we went there in feb and we would never go again .

England
Level Contributor
1,624 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it really as bad as some of the reviews

Perhaps it would have helped you if the previous poster had explained what his problems were. I would suggest they may have been caused by unrealistic expectations. CSL is a 3* resort staffed by some of the nicest people you could hope to meet, offering a number of restaurants, a wealth of free watersports, an energetic and friendly activities team, well maintained grounds, clean accommodation, several swimming pools and lots of activities for children. I have visited several times before and will continue to do so. I travel extensively to many parts of the world but always come back to CSL because it offers true value for money....but then, my expectations are realistic!!! Go, and enjoy, don't let the moaners put you off.

OGG
England
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it really as bad as some of the reviews

I dont want to get into a heated debate about CSL again......but would just like to say....after our dreadful holiday there last year during whitch we took lots of vidio evedence and photos and sent them to the tour operator and we were awarded compensation . We didn't even have to threaten to take them to court, but we would have done if needs be. We were told It is very difficult to get tour operators to admit there is a problem with a resort. so the very fact they paid up says a lot.

I know this is going to upset the people who like CSL, but a lot dont.

England
Level Contributor
1,624 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it really as bad as some of the reviews

And a LOT has happened to the resort since your trip there - many, many improvements. Now why don't you give them a break - you got what you wanted, perhaps it's time to move on. Again CAH - please take notice of what's being said now. Believe it or not there are still people complaining about trips they made there a year ago over things that don't even exist there now!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it really as bad as some of the reviews

We have been to Club St Lucia 8 times and have always had a really good time. The rooms are cleaned everyday and bed linen, towels etc also changed daily. Club St Lucia is a 3* resort and that reflects in the price, and so people should not expect a 5* resort while paying 3* prices. We have such a wonderful time that In fact we have just booked to return there next year.

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is it really as bad as some of the reviews

Many thanks for all your emails. All you need a room for is to put your head down at the end of the day. Most of the reviews have been very positibe and I am sure we will have a fantastic time. Hope to see some members there when we visit from the 11th of July.

lincoln
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Is it really as bad as some of the reviews

Hi Again

My trip there was in Feb 2006 not last year, it has been said here CSL has now been improved well if this is the case then god only knows what it was like before we went there , we and that was a total of 17 adults and 4 children went for my daughters wedding and if you would like to read the greatly edited account of our trip then please go to the revuse , but it would seem we like everyone else who were unhappy with this holiday all have the same complaints and we did not go with unrealistic expectations we went there looking forward to a really lovely holiday and what was supposed to be a dream wedding, because that was the hype that was given to us by our holiday company so we are also feeling very let down by them, I have to say I cannot understand why some people think just because it is the Caribbean and a supposedly 3 star holiday I or anyone else for that mater should expect or in this case get anything less than I would expect or have got on a number of 3 star holiday in Europe , I have seen it wrote in this forum well it is the caribean as if that some how excuses all of CSL short comings well let me say for one it does not .

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is it really as bad as some of the reviews

I was there in February and everyone that I spoke to was really enjoying themselves, no one that I spoke to this year had any moans or groans. Other years there had been a slight smell of sewage in one area that seemed to affect some people but that problem was dealt with last year by installing a new sewage treatment plant and so now no pong anywhere.

CAH1

Go and have a good time and don't worry about anything.

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Is it really as bad as some of the reviews

Since my last post we have now booked to return to Club St Lucia next year. In all of the time that I have spent travelling different countries St Lucia certainly has the most welcoming of local people towards tourists.

Club St Lucia is a family resort and so I'm sure that you and your family will have a really enjoyable holiday. There is so much for children to enjoy and if your son is happy then I'm sure you will be as well.