We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

worst chinese ever?

Isle of Skye, NW...
Level Contributor
413 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
worst chinese ever?

Jusrt back from 'dinner' at the Jade Terrace chinese restaurant. It is located at the corner of the new mall, directly below Xaviers and across from Burger King.

It was possibly the worst Chinese we have ever had. Starters was deep fried chicken and prawns, absolutely tasteless and served with the wateriest non hot or sweet chili sauce. Main was BBQ ribs which were about 1" in size and served in a very salty tasteless sauce with some undercooked peppers and onion. It was served with noodles, again very bland and swimming in grease.

My wifes satay chicken was equally tasteless and there was absilutely no sign of any peanuts.

Total price for that and 2 Pitons was EC$148. We has a great meal in the Grill with succulent ribs 3 nights before for less.

We complained on the way out but they just looked like we had 2 heads and shrugged.

The restaurant is not listed on TA yet, I have requested it is added so I can put the review on.

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
12,355 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: worst chinese ever?

It is both Mike - Rodney Bay is a village in Gros Islet. Gros Islet is also a village in Gros Islet. GI is the quarter or district, while RB and GI are both villages.

There is no Rodney Bay Forum as RB is in GI. Confusion!!

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
2,996 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: worst chinese ever?

I aploggise for my insensitive comment earlier. It had not occured to me that a restaurant in St. Lucia would import a chef, and the ingredients necessary.

I understand truely that what we eat in North America as "Chinese food" is a long way from what is consumed in China.

Isle of Skye, NW...
Level Contributor
413 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: worst chinese ever?

We went to Memories of Hong Kong for dinner last night. Much better!

14. Re: worst chinese ever?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11:42 am, November 09, 2012
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: worst chinese ever?

RP-I am certain your correct, I guess in my mind GI starts at the marina and south of that is RB. In fact, in discussions with my friends (who live there) on "what to do tonight" it usually goes something like this...

Delirious in RB or DE KORNA BA in GI?

Answer: Both....lol

Mike in Tulsa

London
Level Contributor
1 post
40 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: worst chinese ever?

Me and my wife went there and we ordered the wonton soup. This was the worst wonton we have ever had! The wontons were skinny and had no pork or crunchy water chestnuts that you get in a wonton.

The pastry was made from wheat durum and being Chinese, I was ashamed to have ate at this place. If there was a minus review, I would give it -10!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: worst chinese ever?

Coming from a place where very good Chinese food is plentiful and many a times quite cheap, I have to say that Jade Terrace offers tasty fare for good value. My husband is vegetarian and we dined there not once but twice. We thought their veggie chow mein (they were the soft flat noodles and not the thinner fried egg wonton noodles), the broccoli with garlic sauce and their black bean tofu were all very good: not too greasy, good portions, and had light flavourful sauces. The waitress was kind enough to suggest having a half fried rice/noodle order because she thought we had ordered much food. That was a refreshing change, since so many Rodney Bay restaurants try to upsell you. Also, the place seemed to be teeming with locals as well, so they must be doing something right.

18. Re: worst chinese ever?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, January 06, 2014