We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Restaurants

We will be staying at the windjammer for 2 weeks come near the end of november. Can anyone tell me which are good reasonable priced restaurants to eat at in and around rodney bay and area? Im pretty good with eating all types of food. Your input would be great. tks

BC
Level Contributor
233 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants

We stay in the south of the island and I do not like driving the west coast highway after dark and so our only dining experience in Rodney Bay is during the lunch hour. Many of the fine restaurants are not open at this hour.

We both enjoy a custom prepared, wood fire baked pizza at Key Largo. The pizza is even better if the owner is absent and you tip well.

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
13,382 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants

There are around 30 restaurants and bars in the rodney Bay area - for all different tastes and budgets. Local meals up through fine gourmet dining, Indian, Thai, Chinese, Mexican (sort of), French, grills, food trucks, fast food, etc.

Totally depends on your tastes, budget, etc. Some of our favorites include Charthouse, which is pretty reasonable - an rack of pork ribs (8) is about $55-$60EC, Chicken from around $50EC. Steaks around $80EC, etc. Quite good - not gourmet - right on the water. Le Terasse is great for good priced French food. Memories of Hong Kong is another favorite, good Chinese. Razmatazz is excellent for Indian. Trios at Bay Gardens Beach Resort for upscale local eats. Big Chef for good steaks - a bit pricey. Spinnakers is a great beach bar/restaurant with good, reasonable food for lunch and dinner. Jaques is great for fish, etc with a local flair, great setting right on the water at the end of the strip. Xaviers is good, upstairs BayWalk Mall.

This doesn't begin to list them all, but it's a start. Again, depends on your tastes, budget, etc.

Enjoy your visit.

BC
Level Contributor
233 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants

It is true that the pork baby back ribs at the Bay Garden Beach Resort are quite good. I prefer them over the the other area restaurants. I was trying to keep my response to moderately priced meals. In my opinion, the best foods are those that you prepare yourself. We normally eat freshly caught fish and meats from a large importer in Castries.

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
13,382 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants

Have never had the ribs at Trios - are they better than Charthouse? Dinner in RB is one of the only times I get anything made with pork - hubby doesn't eat it and as you know, Deepglory - not many options in the South!

Will give them a try one of these days. Thanks for the heads-up.

Edited: 8:20 pm, October 25, 2012
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants

thanks for all input but i would like to know about good food from street vendors and such? sometimes they make the best food!!!

Berkshire
Destination Expert
for Vieux Fort, Gros Islet
Level Contributor
2,432 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants

Hi,

Daytime there is a lady who does fried chicken and fish on the beach between Spinnakers and the Bay Gardens Beach Resort. Also the Lime does a very good and cheap buffett lunch/early eve dinner.

There is also a food court in each of the 2 shopping malls that have a good selection inc local food.

And there is Laural's on the road to Windjammer that is local and has a good reputation

To the restaurants listed above I would add Delirius and La Terrasse

STEVE

Soufriere, St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,181 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants

Bon jou Doggysr,

Dat's true! Local vendors on the street hav de best!

Jus flow widda working crowd - at midday - to the food trucks, shanties, trailers, bus stop farmer's markets & grills.

There are plenty - no sign no name - settin' up ever'day in de sam plas... Rotis, Doubles, Curries, Dahl, Fish...

Bless up! Paul

@ deepglorydives... eh-eh dat happen regular island-wide! Why you buyin' "imported" fish?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants

Tks congomon and steve for all the info on some good local places to eat!!!!!!!

BC
Level Contributor
233 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants

@ deepglorydives... eh-eh dat happen regular island-wide! Why you buyin' "imported" fish?

Congomon; Is you as illiterate as you pretend? I do not think so.

I have spent hundreds of hours in the waters of St Lucia and have never found a smoked salmon. It is a fantastic treat for a special anniversary that we celebrate every January while in St Lucia. It must be imported from Norway, Scotland Alaska or British Columbia and there is nothing wrong with that. The importers receive lots of foreign earned cash.

I did earlier claim that we eat mostly locally caught fresh fish and imported meats.

Are you being perhaps a bit priggish?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants

Im not a big fan of salmon myself but i do hope to taste some other fish local to St. Lucia.