We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Resort St Lucia Grande - Hotel rooms

Which Gros Islet hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Denver
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Sandals Resort St Lucia Grande - Hotel rooms

We have decided to book our honeymoon at the Sandals St Lucia Grande Resort and are VERY excited!!

We have noticed there are quite a few room choices and would love some input. We are thinking of staying in a Honeymoon Grande Luxe Beachfront room. We have seen some pictures of the other rooms (the nicer suites), but it's so expensive. Are the fancy suites worth it? We're going to be there the week of New Years, so we're paying a premium for any room on the property.

We appreciate any advice and tips! Thank you!

Cumberland RI
10 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Resort St Lucia Grande - Hotel rooms

Hey Travpan,

I'm actually writing this from a honeymoon beach front concierge room while the wife naps. Make sure you book BEACHFRONT and not Ocean view, because the beachfront overlooks the sandals pools and the bay, while the Ocean view looks out over a parking lot, a road, and the ocean (nowhere near as nice).

If you can afford the extra money the concierge rooms are nice. They book everything for you and they're always following up to see how things are.

It's just past 5pm and the DJ just stopped. A lot of folks are getting ready for dinner now. The swim up bar also closes at 5pm, but there's another bar that's opened a few feet away.

If you have any other questions I booked the wifi package for a week ($42.99). Congrats again!

Denver
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Resort St Lucia Grande - Hotel rooms

WOW! Thanks for your reply! I really appreciate your input -- especially while you are on vacation! Enjoy your time there. Let me know if you have other advice.

We are booked for beachfront...but will upgrade for concierge.

Thanks! ;)

Illinois
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Resort St Lucia Grande - Hotel rooms

We are also booked in that catagory. Would love some pictures.

Cumberland RI
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Resort St Lucia Grande - Hotel rooms

I'd love to post some photos but I've been taking them with a Cannon t3i and don't have a way to get them on my iPhone/tablet without a USB or other. I took a shot with my phone of the view from our room in building 1. I'm not sure how to post a photo though. If I can figure it out I def will.

Do you folks have any specific questions regarding anything?

Kent
Level Contributor
192 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals Resort St Lucia Grande - Hotel rooms

Hi Patrick - I'm coming to the Grand in a few weeks and have a question please - We are booked into a Premium Lagoon Room (not concierge). I like things to be very peascefull and quiet at night - can you recommend which building would offer a quiet nights sleep - we do not mind walking any distance to restaurants, pools etc??? Thank you very much for any reply/advice

UK
Level Contributor
171 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals Resort St Lucia Grande - Hotel rooms

Hi. Hope you are enjoying your vacation.

Could you please tell me the times of the shuttles to the other resorts?

Does the Barefoot evening menu have anything other than seafood on it? (any chance of a picture of the menu?)

Is Josephines open after dinner for dessert and coffee?

Thanks in advance

Cumberland RI
10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandals Resort St Lucia Grande - Hotel rooms

@dippylippy - what time do you think you'll be going to bed? All outside bands, activities, etc., end around 10:30-11:00pm. After that, any other entertainment moves into either the Palladium (dance club) or the Olde London Pub.

If you're facing the beachfront (pools and the beach) you're more likely to hear something versus the Oceanview, which faces the ocean across the street and has nothing going on).

For example, last night's outdoor entertainment was themed "Caribbean Jamboree" and consisted of the following schedule:

6:45PM: Pantime Steel Orchestra (Poolside)

8:45PM: SHOWTIME (poolside)

9:00PM: DYP Band (poolside)

10:00PM: DJ takes over (Palladium)

10:30PM: Pianist (piano bar)

The Pantime steel orchestra was great and played for about 90 minutes. It was fun but definitely loud. They moved the DYP band from "poolside" to the edge of the lobby most likely due to concerns of a passing rain shower and the DJ ended up in the London Pub. Some nights there are no concerns for outdoor noise as most of the entertainment is inside.

It doesn't feel very crowded here right now. I think a lot of that has to do with it still being considered "off season." I don't have any problems with that because all the restaurants are open, there's no wait for anything, and you can choose to mingle where others are or just go off by yourself with your better half for a night swim in the ocean, the pools or jacuzzi, or lounge around. There's definitely something to do each night. There's a billiard room containing 2 tables and one Snookers table. There's also a dart board. There's also 2 billiards tables in the hallway next to the room as well.

As far as the inter-hotel shuttles, there is a fixed time chart posted near the front desk in case you want to check out La Toc and Halcyon. We're not sure if we're going to do that yet. If you send me your email, ill take a photo of the times for you or any other requests of the place.

Cumberland RI
10 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandals Resort St Lucia Grande - Hotel rooms

@dippylippy - what time do you think you'll be going to bed? All outside bands, activities, etc., end around 10:30-11:00pm. After that, any other entertainment moves into either the Palladium (dance club) or the Olde London Pub.

If you're facing the beachfront (pools and the beach) you're more likely to hear something versus the Oceanview, which faces the ocean across the street and has nothing going on).

For example, last night's outdoor entertainment was themed "Caribbean Jamboree" and consisted of the following schedule:

6:45PM: Pantime Steel Orchestra (Poolside)

8:45PM: SHOWTIME (poolside)

9:00PM: DYP Band (poolside)

10:00PM: DJ takes over (Palladium)

10:30PM: Pianist (piano bar)

The Pantime steel orchestra was great and played for about 90 minutes. It was fun but definitely loud. They moved the DYP band from "poolside" to the edge of the lobby most likely due to concerns of a passing rain shower and the DJ ended up in the London Pub. Some nights there are no concerns for outdoor noise as most of the entertainment is inside.

It doesn't feel very crowded here right now. I think a lot of that has to do with it still being considered "off season." I don't have any problems with that because all the restaurants are open, there's no wait for anything, and you can choose to mingle where others are or just go off by yourself with your better half for a night swim in the ocean, the pools or jacuzzi, or lounge around. There's definitely something to do each night. There's a billiard room containing 2 tables and one Snookers table. There's also a dart board. There's also 2 billiards tables in the hallway next to the room as well.

As far as the inter-hotel shuttles, there is a fixed time chart posted near the front desk in case you want to check out La Toc and Halcyon. We're not sure if we're going to do that yet. If you send me your email, ill take a photo of the times for you or any other requests of the place.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
255 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandals Resort St Lucia Grande - Hotel rooms

Hi Tavpan, Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and honeymoon! What time of year will you be traveling to this resort? We were here the beginning of December, 2011 and had the penthouse beachfront concierge suite - WOW, loved this room! We had a great view of Rodney Bay. We were in the Massade building (5) at the far end. Loved this location - it was very quiet even for being beachfront. We;ll be returning in April and we're booked in the Prime Minister Suite - this is the room I really want to be in (well, other than the rondovals) LOL. We usually go to Jamaica in April, so we're hoping the weather is sunny in St. Lucia at this time

Kent
Level Contributor
192 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sandals Resort St Lucia Grande - Hotel rooms

Patrick - a huge thank you for such a lovely detailed reply!

I certainly wont be going to bed early - intend to stay up and do as much 'partying' as poss - so I guess (once jet lag out the way) - any room/building will be fine.

The evening entertainment sounds great