We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A day trip to Anse Chastanet

Which Gros Islet hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
54 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
A day trip to Anse Chastanet

We are staying at Rodney Bay Beach. On one day we are thinking of spending the day at Anse Chastanet Beach. Is taking a water taxi our best bet and will it leave us right there? And how late to the water taxis stay to so that we may return back to our hotel. And what would the cost for the three of us round trip? Also, do they have beach chairs for the outsiders or do we bring our own (hotel) towels. By the way..is it okay to take hotel towels our for use on the beach? Thank you.

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
11,551 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A day trip to Anse Chastanet

I am pretty sure we covered 99% of this question for you on your own earlier thread, Day Trip to a Beach from my hotel.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147342-i247-k5238…

As for water taxi - there is not a set rate for the route, you would have to negotiate it with the operator. It will be more expensive than a land taxi.

Delta4201 answered the rest of your question in post #2 on the above thread.

and yes, you can take beach towels from your hotel on day trips - just bring them back.

For more water taxi info, check out the following thread - still very little about costs, but would help clarify for you and also has a link to a page with loads of operators listed so you can check them out for costs, times, etc.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147345-i581-k5240…

Enjoy your visit.

2. Re: A day trip to Anse Chastanet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, March 19, 2013