We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

More pics of the grande and our grenadines trip FYI

Michigan
Level Contributor
733 posts
149 reviews
Save Topic
More pics of the grande and our grenadines trip FYI

I've had a lot of emails from people about Serenity, the Grande, etc so I thought I would post my blog with lots of photos for anyone interested. We took a lot of the resort, the Grenadines trip and the Land and sea day.

http://hokeshappenings.blogspot.com/

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,924 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: More pics of the grande and our grenadines trip FYI

Great pics, and the Grenadines look amazing! Glad you had a great stay!

Michigan
Level Contributor
733 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: More pics of the grande and our grenadines trip FYI

MW - Let me tell you how it all went down. I had this booked ages ago and I got an email from Serenity a week before our trip saying they had just been contacted by the company that runs the plane to the Grenadines that they were out for 2 weeks for their 1000 miles service on the plane. They said the trip would have to cancel but they would try to do everything in their power to find another plane since they kew how much we wanted to go on this trip. I called several other tour companies on the island and they just said "the trip isn't going for 2 weeks". That was it. Had it not been for John and his extraordinary effort for us we wouldn't have been able to go at all. But he was able to find a small private plane that cost considerably more that would take us. As you can imagine, a bus load of people going to a location costs much less per person than hiring a private car to take 2 people to the same location. In any case, he was willing to absorb the cost of the boat if we wanted to pay the extra per person for the small private plane which ended up being $100 more per person. He was in no way obligated to do this for us but worked the phones hard so that we had an option to still go on the trip if we wanted to. Had we wanted to cancel we would not have incurred any charges. We didn't HAVE to go and pay more but we chose to. Their cancellation policy is very lenient and only incurs a charge if a tour is canceled within 24 hours which is understandable. He gave us options to go on this trip that we would NOT have had with any other tour company and really went above and beyond to give us the opportunity to go. He could have easily done what the other companies did and said "sorry, it's not going for 2 weeks" but he didn't.

Serenity gets TOP marks in my book for going above and beyond to give us the trip we had hoped for!

Castries, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
115 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: More pics of the grande and our grenadines trip FYI

Man I'd love to be able to afford that. I've heard friends boast about it here. To bad they don't have a locals rate.

Michigan
Level Contributor
733 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: More pics of the grande and our grenadines trip FYI

AJboy, yeah it is expensive but honestly John told me the biggest part of the expense is in the flight. Pal up with some of the guys at the airport or something!

Milford...
Level Contributor
4,307 posts
627 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: More pics of the grande and our grenadines trip FYI

RP, thanks so much for the info!!! Definitely considering this tour for our trip!!!

16. Re: More pics of the grande and our grenadines trip FYI

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 am, June 18, 2013