We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question on scheduling dives at SGSL

Michigan
Level Contributor
733 posts
147 reviews
Save Topic
Question on scheduling dives at SGSL

How is the diving scheduled at Sandals? We arrive on Saturday March 3. Im hoping to schedule for 2-3 mornings of diving. I imagine we need to do this as soon as we arrive but do they allow scheduling before arrival? Thanks for any info. Rachel

Montana
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Question on scheduling dives at SGSL

Haven't been to the Grand yet but from my experience at the Sandals Grand in Jamaica.. I would get them booked as soon as you get there. Also take your log book, if you haven't dived (hmmm or is that dove?!) in over a year, they will make you take a refresher course for $80 (ish) that has to be scheduled thus more time wasted. I will be arriving at the Grand on the 6th.

Michigan
Level Contributor
733 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question on scheduling dives at SGSL

Funnsun, thanks! I'll do that upon arrival. I read somewhere that if you are divemaster or above (which I am) that they waive the refresher. Hope so. Hubby and I dive pretty often but it's been over 6 months. We may see you around the resort! You arrive the day we do our grenadines trip but we hope to be diving that Thursday the 8th.

Milford...
Level Contributor
4,319 posts
648 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question on scheduling dives at SGSL

Agree with above, bring your cert card and fill out the paperwork as soon as you can.

Have a great time!!!

Michigan
Level Contributor
733 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question on scheduling dives at SGSL

Lots to do the first day there apparently! First, drink rum punch and keep em coming! Next, restaurant reservations. Third dive reservations! Did I miss anything???

Essex
Level Contributor
294 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question on scheduling dives at SGSL

Dont forget the hot Creole bread and baked corn Rachel..

Michigan
Level Contributor
733 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question on scheduling dives at SGSL

Oh right!!! That's on our ride in with Serenity!! Can't wait! 18 days!!!

7. Re: Question on scheduling dives at SGSL

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 pm, June 07, 2013