We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ghost Island in September?

Washingtonville, NY
1 post
Save Topic
Ghost Island in September?

At least one of the resorts on St Lucia (Cap Maison Resort & Spa) is closed for the entire month of September for maintenance, staff vacations, etc. They told me that many resorts on St Lucia do this and that many restaurants & beach activities close as well. Anyone know the real story?

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
12,507 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ghost Island in September?

yes, there are some places that close for Sept. for maintenance, vacation, etc. It is a very slow time for the island and some places take advantage of that for their rennos, employee vacations, save money on operating costs as they are usually vey empty, etc. Some that are well known for it are Ladera, The Edge restaurant in RB, The Reef in Vieux Fort, Cap Maison (as you stated). There are others, but I can't think of them off the top of my head. Most tourist sites are still open and there are plenty of other resorts and restaurants to choose from!

2. Re: Ghost Island in September?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, February 26, 2013