We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Football (american)

Cape Cod
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Football (american)

My wife and I are traveling to Sandals Grande next week. Weather as of now looks iffy but that's the Caribbean for ya, about the same in New England, Sunny one minute rain the next.

Do many of the NFL games get broadcasted in St. Lucia? I don't plan on spending a whole day of my honeymoon in front of the tube, but wouldn't mind catching some of the action.

Is anyone there now, Just get back???

How was it overall?

We are looking forward to our first Sandals experience!

Mentioned in this post
Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa
Sandals Grande Antigua...
7,101 Reviews
Antigua
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
St. Lucia
St. Lucia
Caribbean
Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
1,257 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Football (american)

Don't worry too much about the weather, it is usually just passing showers, and probably a lot warmer than NE (or Buffalo). Never stayed at Sandels in St. Lucia so can't answer if you will get to see the game. Tequila Joes in Rodney Bay is a "sports bar" of sorts and would probably put the game on for you if there wasn't a big futball or cricket match playing.

Mentioned in this post
St. Lucia
St. Lucia
Caribbean
Rodney Bay
Rodney Bay
987 Reviews
St. Lucia
St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
13,423 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Football (american)

Yes, you will get several NFL games, we have the regular network games here - CBS and Fox, they each play one of the games on Sundays. Not sure why we don't get both the 1 and 4:15 games, but it is usually only one game on either Fox or CBS at 1 and 1 at 4:15. Every once in a while, we get a game on both channels at 4, but no guarantee. We also get the Sunday night ESPN game and the Monday Night ESPN game.

Keep in mind that we are an hour ahead - so those games are actually on at 2, 5:15 and 9/9:30 on Sunday and 9/9:30 on Monday.

These will all be available on the TV's in your room and around the resort.

As for weather - you rolls your dice and you takes your chances. The last 2 days here (in the south end of the island) have been gorgeous - hot, sunny and very bright. Can't say for the north end. Today, woke up to greyish skies and a brief shower. It's still always warm though!!! Who know what next week will be!!!

You will have a wonderful time, I am sure. Happy Honeymoon!

3. Re: Football (american)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 08, 2012