We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Josephine's After Dark...has anyone experienced this?

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Josephine's After Dark...has anyone experienced this?

Hi..I read somewhere here that Josephines has some kind of Magnificent desert night at the grand..was wondering if someone can shed a bit more light on the matter..Is it only once a week or everynight..and what are the times that they do this. It may be something new..cant remember where I read it or what it stated in reference to it being new or just a reminder...sounds like it may be a bit like the Cafe de Paris @ Whithouse..which was the best place for all kinds of cookies, deserts, gelato, expresso, cappucinos....hubby & I luv this stuff so were just trying to figure it out..thanks in advance for you knowledge on the issue.

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Josephine's After Dark...has anyone experienced this?

no one has heard of this? Hmmm

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Josephine's After Dark...has anyone experienced this?

I believe the info you’re looking for is in this tread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147342-i247-k4743…

which references a thread on another board …

BlissfulPlenty
Level Contributor
130 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Josephine's After Dark...has anyone experienced this?

I read the thread about this too and added it to my list. Sounds yummy! Was hoping someone has tried it?

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Josephine's After Dark...has anyone experienced this?

Thanks

North Dakota
Level Contributor
546 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Josephine's After Dark...has anyone experienced this?

Connecticut,

Josephines is a restaurant at the Grande that does serve pastries and ice cream, but it not as good as Cafe de Paris @ the Whitehouse. (IMO)

But on Tuesday nights at 9:50 pm there is a chocolate buffet in the lobby. Maybe this is what you have heard about.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
91 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Josephine's After Dark...has anyone experienced this?

Yes I was also wondering the same thing....

Who has experienced Josephine's After Dark?

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Josephine's After Dark...has anyone experienced this?

Our trip seems so far away...23 weeks..at this point I think what ever they have will be good :-) as long as I don't have to make it..hehe

Vancouver
Level Contributor
91 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Josephine's After Dark...has anyone experienced this?

Hi there,

I have experienced this and am reporting back:

Josephine's is now open after dinner until 9pm (closed Thursday).

That's all it is.

As the focus is (rightfully) on desserts, this menu is limited compared the day time options. Same selection as day time desserts, so you don't "have to try this". It was nice to have something sweet and a cappuccino after dinner...

Recommended.

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Josephine's After Dark...has anyone experienced this?

Thanks for reporting back...Only 111 more sleeps...I'm already so ready for the warmth & sunshine..hope you had a great stay :-)

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,924 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Josephine's After Dark...has anyone experienced this?

Just found this info that I had previously read (but forgotten about) back in August. This info comes from the Resort Sales Manager:

Last but by no means least, we do what is known on Resort as Josephine’s ‘After Dark’. This Creperie is opened daily from 11:00AM -

6:00PM. ‘Afterdark’ is featured from 7:00PM – 9:30PM where we serve exotic desserts, specialty coffees, flavored milkshakes to name a few. Imagine dining under the stars and completing the evening with an exotic highlight from Josephine’s.