We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grande Butlet or concierge service?

Which Gros Islet hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas City, MO
Level Contributor
35 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Grande Butlet or concierge service?

We are planning our honeymoon and I'm wanting to know the difference between the butler and concierge service. Is it worth it to get the butler service. We have decide on penthouse oceanfront concierge room,, but now I'm thinking we should upgrade and get the butler service. Thanks for all your help.

St. Lucia
Level Contributor
222 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grande Butlet or concierge service?

If you can afford the upgrade to a Butler Suite, Do it !

So many things that are so much better if you are in a butler suite.

You will not regret it. Worth every cent in IMHO

Regards Ken

Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
89 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grande Butlet or concierge service?

Hi ! we are off to SGSL in November and booked into a Butler Suite for two weeks....I hope that our Butlers live up to all the reviews have promised....if you care to go back a few reviews you will find my question about Tipping Butlers.....being from USA you will be accustomed to this and ,no doubt, will tip well.....Butlers and Spa personnel seem to be exempt from the Sanbdals No tipping rule.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Ecotourism
Level Contributor
1,716 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grande Butlet or concierge service?

If you can afford it, the butler rooms are much nicer. They're double the size, with a full living room and bedroom, and two bathrooms. They're on the top floor of whichever building they're in, facing Rodney Bay. The Oceanfront rooms face the opposite way, also on the top floors. They're standard rooms with the perks of being higher up and having concierge service.

For a honeymoon, butlers are a nice touch. They will do things like leave you little snacks, make towel animals, run a surprise bubble bath. A couple of times we returned in the evening to find flowers leading to the tub and a jacuzzi bubble bath, or balloons and chilled drinks by the bed.

Many couples at Sandals are on their honeymoon or anniversary. Having a butler room will ensure it's special for you but it's certainly not necessary. The vast majority have a great time without. Have fun whatever you decide.

4. Re: Grande Butlet or concierge service?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 22, 2010