We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Transfers

Which Gros Islet hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Green Bay
Level Contributor
189 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Transfers

Hello,

I am booked to travel to St. Lucia in May and I am wondering about hotel transfers. I checked with the first hotel we are staying at and was quoted $110 USD for a one way transfer from UVF to Rodney Bay area. I also read on line that a taxi can be hailed from the airport for about $80 USD. Is the taxi the better route and will I be able to hail one easily?

Thanks for your help.

Berkshire
Destination Expert
for Vieux Fort, Gros Islet
Level Contributor
2,087 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Transfers

Hi,

As you come through customs and go outside into the open air arrivals area there will be loads of taxi drivers plying their trade. USD 80 per car (up to 4 pax) is the rate. I suggest you take a look at the car re size, aircon etc before you confirm.

I think there is also a taxi "policeman" there to sort problems/prices as well

STEVE

Elkridge, Maryland
Level Contributor
266 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Transfers

Most person tend to be tired when they arrive at their destination and want to avoid the hassle of going to negotiate with the drivers at the airport. Here are a few persons you can contact before going:

Vincent Vaval-moresweat@hotmail.com

Serenity tours- ambassadors@serenitytvl.com or toll free 1 866 766 0794

Cosol- cosol-tours966@hotmail.com

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
72 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Transfers

Hi Sacci,

Its a long way from the airport to Rodney Bay and the roads are quite twisty. It took us an hour and a half because we hit Castries during early Friday afternoon rush hour !!

This time last year we used Fabian and he was excellent. He charged us US$70 each way , but we booked a number of tours with him also.

See all of the reviews for Fabian on "things to do" all bar one of the 57 reviews are very positive - he is a great tour guide.

Enjoy this wonderful island

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,409 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Transfers

We always get a taxi upon arrival. It's really quite easy. Negotiating is simple. Just say you'll pay them whatever (based on what you have read here on TA not some ridiculous lowball price) and if they say no then there are plenty of other drivers to take you. We've never had to move to another taxi. If you want the comfort of knowing someone will be waiting upon arrival to pick you up then by all means book ahead of time. If not, there are plenty of drivers waiting to take you to your resort upon arrival.

5. Re: Airport Transfers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 07, 2010