We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Closed Lobster Season - What happens in Anse La Raye

Barbados
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Closed Lobster Season - What happens in Anse La Raye

I'm planning a trip to SLU next month and I am eager to visit the Fish Fridays at Anse La Raye where I understand that there is plenty lobster. Any one knows how the closed Lobster season affects the Fish Friday at ALR?

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,605 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Closed Lobster Season - What happens in Anse La Raye

lobster season officialy ends April 30, and begins again on Sept 1...so your visit in April should pose no shortage of giant lobsters stacked high on the tables...

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
156 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Closed Lobster Season - What happens in Anse La Raye

Tiger Lady --

I went to the ALR fish fry also in hopes of lobster (cuz I love it so) and just refused to pay $40US for a little lobster! Honestly, the lobster is cheaper --not to mention better prepared -- at the restaurants! I got a lobster dinner at my resort, complete with side dishes (which you won't get at the fish fry) served to me on china (as opposed to tin foil) in a lovely dining room (as opposed to plastic lawn furniture in an overcrowded, filthy tent) for only $35US.

Of course, perhaps they wanted $40US from me because I'm "one of those Americans". Perhaps they don't try to pull that kind of pricing with another islander?

3. Re: Closed Lobster Season - What happens in Anse La Raye

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 pm, September 23, 2009