We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

recommended driver airport pickup

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
778 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
recommended driver airport pickup

We are going to St.Lucia in May and wonder if anyone could recommend a good driver. I am very frightened on the roads and having read on TA of 'hair-raising roads and 'mad taxi-drivers', etc. I am more than concerned. We would need a an airport pick-up, going to Coco Palm and then possibly 2/3 tours during our stay. Basically what I am looking for is a knowledgable(of the island) guy who will drive slowly when I ask him. Bit of a pain, I'm afraid but it's the one thing that can make or break my holiday.

St. Lucian Wave Riders
Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Speed Boats Tours, Day Trips, Kayaking & Canoeing
Hickory, North...
Level Contributor
1,497 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: recommended driver airport pickup

We used and would highly recommend Ben's West Coast Jeep and Taxi Service. Website is below.

We set it up before we arrived because my wife wanted a quiet relaxing drive to our hotel after a long flight. We paid extra for their Lexus SUV with comfortable leather seats. The driver was very patient, stopping for photo ops and drove at as slow a pace as we desired. He had Piton beer, bottled water and sodas in a cooler for us.

http://www.westcoastjeeps.com/

As for the drive. Some people are really freaked on any winding road. We found the trip very informative and not at all scary or uncomfortable. If you have a problem with motion sickness take some Dramamine or other motion drug and relax.

The benefit of hiring a private taxi is that you are the boss. You will be greeted at the airport with a driver holding a sign with your name on it. He will help you load your luggage. More likely, he will have you sit down and load it himself. We also hired a taxi with another couple through Clydes Taxi Service for our return trip via the west side of the island. This was more of a tour and included a stop at Ladera for lunch overlooking the Pitons. These two trips combined resulted in some of the most memorable moments of our vacation.

I am sure there are other taxi and tour services to recommend. Our only experience was with these two and we highly recommend them. Others, I am sure, will recommend others. Most important is that you hire a registered service and that the price and what you expect are clear before you pay.

Happy trails, Dutch

Raleigh
Level Contributor
73 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: recommended driver airport pickup

We used Fabian for both of our transfers, as well as an Island tour. He was very prompt and professional, and always responded quickly to any E-mails. His website is Fabiantoursstlucia.com, and I would highly recommend him.

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
778 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: recommended driver airport pickup

Thanks guys for the responses. Have also had some private replies and all sound promising, resulting in me feeling much more reassured about this trip.

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
778 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: recommended driver airport pickup

Thanks guys for the responses. Have also had some private replies and all sound promising, resulting in me feeling much more reassured about this trip.

5. Re: recommended driver airport pickup

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, September 21, 2009