We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Castries

york, england
1 post
Save Topic
Castries

Has anyone been to the Market at Castries, We are going in may 08 with all the family (28) and the older ones are wanting to go shopping, but we are wondering where they can go for this and are there bargains to be had? Looking forward so much to this holiday.

Thanks for all the reveiws and pics

Johnstone, United...
Level Contributor
281 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Castries

Hornby1,

there is a couple of markets in castries thats sell all the usual holiday gift style souvenirs and they are both across the road from each other...one is open to the elements and the other is under cover( this one in my opinion is better but when busy very warm).

Along the main road in Castries there are numerous small stores and also a small Mall that is home to numerous branded style retailers selling higher end goods such as duty free jewellery, electronices etc.You could walk to Point Seraphine or get a taxi for a few $. This is the main hub for all your duty free shopping with your usual carribean jewellers, liquor stores and numerous stores selling better quality souvenirs.

We never ventured off the main road as we were warned not to (others may tell you different...just typing what i was advised by taxi driver)so i cant comment on the side streets etc but no doubt if you are looking for fresh produce i would imagine this is the place to go.

Try www.stlucia.org and you should get an idea of whats on offer.

Macca

2. Re: Castries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:24 am, September 10, 2009