We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much for a taxi from airport to Rodney Bay?

London
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
How much for a taxi from airport to Rodney Bay?

Hi,

I'm foing on my first carribean trip in september- can anyone tell me how much i should pay for a cab from the airport to Rodney bay, Gros Islet? Also how long is the drive? Thanks, Roxanne.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
208 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much for a taxi from airport to Rodney Bay?

What airport are you flying into? There are two. The large one is Hewanorra is the large one about a 90 minute drive and cost around $70US. The small one is near Castries about a ten to twenty minute ride depending on where you are staying is about $20 US.

Tours, France
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much for a taxi from airport to Rodney Bay?

If you are taking a direct flight from the UK, you will be arriving at Hewanorra (UVF) airport at the southern end of the island. As tch912 says, it is about one and a half hours by taxi up to the Rodney Bay area in the north of the island. Last time I did that journey I paid 160 EC$ (=60US$), but that was a few years ago (I always fly into the smaller airport in the north these days) and costs have obviously gone up since then according to tch912.

Fairfield...
Level Contributor
36 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much for a taxi from airport to Rodney Bay?

My hosts at the Bay Garden Beach Resort provided a quote of US$80 each way. Hope this helps.

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much for a taxi from airport to Rodney Bay?

Also it really all depends which route the driver takes from Hewanora...If you take the West Coast route it takes much longer as the road is very winding however very picturesque - this way takes about 1.5 hours. The East Coast road is very good and takes about an hour..it's not quite so pretty but for time definitely better.

Sarah

Canada
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How much for a taxi from airport to Rodney Bay?

On our last visit we paid $70 USD fron the bigger airport UVF to Rodney Bay, we used Martis with Phillip Tours philliptoursstlucia.com

6. Re: How much for a taxi from airport to Rodney Bay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, September 13, 2009