We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals or not?

Iowa
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Sandals or not?

My friend is getting married at Sandals Regency in October and I'd like to go. I'm debating on if I should stay at Sandals, where the bride and groom and their families will be staying or if I should try staying somewhere close by. Is the extra cost worth it to stay at Sandals? Is there another hotel / resort close to the Regency that I should check out?

1. Re: Sandals or not?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:51 pm, March 01, 2007
Hickory, North...
Level Contributor
1,497 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals or not?

You can check out my other posts to see what I have to say about Sandals. We love them. Others do not.

My suggestion is stay at the Sandals Halcyon. Least expensive of the three Sandals, you can take the free shuttle to the others, (a 15 minute ride), and at least you will be able to judge for yourself if it is worth it.

At Sandals you do not need to worry about meals etc.

One question: Are you going with your husband or boyfriend (Or wife/girlfriend) or alone? Sandals is Couples only. If you are single you would have to try another resort.

Dutch in Oregon

Iowa
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals or not?

Yes. I would be going with my husband. Thank you for the suggestion.

4. Re: Sandals or not?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

5. Re: Sandals or not?

Chicago Burbs, IL
Destination Expert
for Soufriere
Level Contributor
3,386 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals or not?

In your case I would say it could be well worth staying at Sandals if your main focus is the wedding and spending time with your friends and their family.

Sandals Regency, is really not close enough to other beach side hotels and or resorts, that wouldn't entail a taxi cost to and from your hotel. You will also need to consider the guest pass cost for you and your husband for any days that your intend on spending time with your friends and family at Sandals.

Guest/wedding passes at Sandals for a morning/afternoon pass(9am-6pm), will run the two of you $230 per day or the full day pass will run you $340 per day. This would certainly wash out any cost savings of staying at another resort.

I personally would choose to stay at the resort (Regency) that the wedding and other are staying, due to the convenience factor in the timing of shuttles, or having to stick to a schedule, etc. Something to think about, is if you miss a shuttle that is running every two hours, or want to stay up for a late night out with your friends past 11pm. you will have to pay for your own taxi to get to the other Sandals resort, or back.

I don't see a huge price savings between the Halcyon and the Regency in the lower end of room catagories at this point, for OCT. Both are running at 40% off. At times there is a bigger difference between the two resorts, but this is dependent on the specials being run. I would also suggest to book with a TA that is willing to adjust your cost should a special come up at a higher discount.

If you intend on a whole week in St.Lucia for this event, you might want to consider slipping away for a romantic couple of days on your own (just the two of you) and stay at resort, in the lush Soufriere area.

Hickory, North...
Level Contributor
1,497 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandals or not?

Previous poster is correct about the shuttle running on a two hour schedule but only until 5 pm at which time they go hourly.

Also, we have booked with Sandals and with a TA. You can cancel with a full refund up to 45 days before you travel when booking with Sandals. So, if a better deal comes up you could take it. However, they will not notify you about special deals. (Once you stay at Sandals you can sign up for their Signature Guest program and get monthly e-mails about special deals.)

As I said in my previous post, people either like or dislike the Sandals AI experience. Because of this I would, again, suggest trying them out and seeing for yourself. Then you could add your views to our's.

The best thing about Saint Lucia is not the resorts....its Saint Lucia. Wherever you stay, enjoy yourself!

Dutch in Oregon

CHELMSFORD UK
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandals or not?

Hi, we are from England and have just returned from the Regency. After a couple of horrible holidays including our Wedding at the Registry Resort in Naples Florida 2 years ago which we are still realing from, we went to Sandals with our tongues firmly in our cheeks. Well what a wonderful holiday we had. The resort is in a bay and is very picturesque. The staff are fantastic, the restaurant choices endless, accommodation is everything you need and more with the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in and we didn't even have much of an upmarket room ours was close to the main pool area (a little noisy thats all i would say) views out to sea spectacular with cruise ships coming and going. We had a good rest too although we done some great water sports. Each day we had lunch by the beach at the Amazon restaurant and always seemed to catch the 2pm wedding close by and it seemed that the staff really cared about the wedding parties, each day I would wish we had chosen to get married there. If I were you I wouldn't hesitate to stay there with the rest of your bridal party in fact I quite envy you. Go for it........

Hamilton,Ontario
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandals or not?

My wife and I celebrated our tenth anniversary at Sandals Halcyon in May 2005. To sum it up in a nutshell, if we had to do it over again we would would'nt change a single, solitary thing. Please refer to "What Sandals resort"(Brandonkp) for more 411. Shuttles are indeed on schedules but are very frequent. If worse comes to worse you can always take a taxi for a reasonable cost.

10. Re: Sandals or not?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 1:27 am, August 27, 2009