We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What Airport Vigie (SLU) or Hewannora (UVF)???

Which Castries hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ocean Springs, MS
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
What Airport Vigie (SLU) or Hewannora (UVF)???

Hello Everyone

I am planning on getting married at Sandals Grande St. Lucian in August 2007. When checking on plane tickets it gave me the option of SLU or UVF airport. Does anyone know which one is the closer airport to sandals and which one is the hour and half drive?

Thank you

Laura

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What Airport Vigie (SLU) or Hewannora (UVF)???

The closest to Sandals Grand is SLU, the other one is an hour and a half drive away.

Cypress, Texas
Level Contributor
87 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What Airport Vigie (SLU) or Hewannora (UVF)???

Go with SLU, that will be about 20 min from the Grande. Even if it gets in later than the one from UVF, you will probably get to the resort quicker. That is what happened to us. We are so glad we took off from SLU.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What Airport Vigie (SLU) or Hewannora (UVF)???

I just got back yesterday (stayed at Body Holiday at LeSport and Coco Palm with flights into and out of SLU). I think going with the closer airport (SLU) is better. A lot of the people I talked to who had flown into UVF said that their trip to resorts in the North took 2.5 - 3 hrs (a "good" time for the drive is 1.5 hrs). In contrast, my trip to LeSport probably took about 40 minutes since there was some traffic, and my trip from Rodney Bay took less than 20 minutes (no traffic). Also, I think customs and check-in at SLU is faster because it is such a small airport. I got to SLU two hours before my flight to the US, and I had my bags checked within five minutes and went for a walk on the beach across from the airport (Vigie Beach?)

Ocean Springs, MS
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What Airport Vigie (SLU) or Hewannora (UVF)???

thanks for the replys

5. Re: What Airport Vigie (SLU) or Hewannora (UVF)???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, August 18, 2009